Sunday, December 28, 2008

Laughing, Crying, And Sometimes Both

Thank God for Baby's potty seat:

This makes the difference between being paralyzed with pain and fear and being able to... well... use the facilities.


Oh, make no mistake, I'm in some kind of serious pain. It has not abated. Of course the very fact that it is my butt is hilarious and not lost on me even as I hobble around screaming. I haven't had this level of pain since the initial incision pain from my c-sections. And I don't have the serious meds they give out with those.

I spent the night in great sympathy for paraplegics as I had to maneuver myself in bed (and in and out of said bed) with only my upper body strength. While I'm furious that this would happen when I was finally ready to start back into some serious exercise... I guess the only upside there is to be had out of this is all the unintentional strength training. That and the fact that I don't have to change any diapers.

I am not letting this derail me though, people. It would be easy to do... since I can't workout, I can't prepare food, and well Mr F is challenged in that last department. I'm also craving soda like never before. But I'm not going to give in. I'm still weighing myself every morning and counting my calories. I might not be able to workout to burn any of those off but I can control what I put in. That's pretty much all I can control right now.

11 comments:

gooddog said...

i am NOT medical people. that said, about a month ago i bruised my elbow so badly i could NOT believe it when 4 Xrays said it was not broken. It was worse day 2-the swelling and "shock" they said. I don't know what you should do about the Xray idea. Maybe go see your regular doc tomorrow?

I can relate to you in one other thing... I had to go to a friend's house for the morning the day after my injury so my child could poop 2 diapers because i COULD NOT figure out how I would change them. Good thing he can pretty much poop-on-demand.

Hang in there. Btw, that injury got me to thinking- can stay-at-home-mom's get temporary disability insurance? Hubby says no but seriously, who needs it more than us??

Deb said...

Definitely go. At a minimum, you can get a cute little inflatable doughnut and some drugs to tide you over until it begins to heal. Both will help immensely.

ITA with Gooddog about needing disability for SAHMs. I could also use a 401K plan. I wonder if I could convince Hubby to make matching donations.

Mrs Furious said...

Gooddog,
Last night I did have that feeling that the day 2 swelling etc might be worse. I'm going to wait it out a bit more.... I'm scared of the ER ;) I'm obviously not dying... no internal bleeding. Like you suggest I'll go to the doctor tomorrow if it isn't improving.

word to the disability. I'm going to be up shit's creek when Mr F goes back to work tomorrow. Thank god Kid can kind of help... but she hasn't mastered diapers! ;)

Deb,
I'm scared. #1 Mr F will have to drop me off which means I'll be stranded. #2 they're all going to laugh at me...

I'm going to try and not move for as long as possible and make him take me to the regular Dr tomorrow AM so we all don't have to wait around a germ cesspool . It would have been helpful if I had ever actually found a regular doctor for myself when we first moved here. Lesson learned.

Mrs Furious said...

okay I've changed my mind... I'm going to the ER. I need better pain meds if nothing else.

Michelle said...

Man this sucks!

I hate to hear you are in such pain!

What about a St Joseph Urgent Care? You wouldn't have to sit around so long maybe!!!!

Christy said...

I was going to urge you to go to the ER. I hope you get some good drugs.

carrie said...

My sister broke her tailbone after falling down stairs (while five months pregnant). Unfortunately she got "there is nothing to do for a broken tailbone" and had to suck it up...I hope you get better results. Good luck.

Jane said...

Keeping you and your tushy in my thoughts. ;-)

STACI said...

Hope your home resting by now.

:)

Mrs Furious said...

Carrie,
Good God I can't imagine suffering through this and being pregs. Could she even take the real pain meds?!
Tell her I'm impressed!
I guess if it's really bad they might (might) do surgery but in most cases you just suffer through until it heals. I don't know which to wish for ;)


Thanks for all the well wishes... the pain meds are definitely helping. I should have gone right away!

Anonymous said...

oh, girl....I feel awful knowing you are hobbling around... I know that feeling too well. I couldn't walk for six days...it was awful...

hang in there...

btw, your bathroom floor pattern is creeping me out. it really looks like a woven rug, and at any moment it could rip open and someone will fall into a black hole....

yeah... leftover vicodin hallucinations over here! ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin