Friday, August 10, 2007

Recipe of the Day

Peanut Noodles

6 oz long pasta
1/2 cup thinly sliced (julienned) red bell pepper, then cut strips into thirds lengthwise
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1/4 cup snipped cilantro
1 carrot shaved into long strips with a vegetable peeler, then cut strips in half lengthwise

sauce:
1/4 c natural peanut butter (go ahead and use what you have already)
2 T soy sauce
1.5 T rice wine vinegar
1 T sesame oil (toasted or dark)
1.5 t sugar
1.5 t honey
2 T chicken stock (hot water could be used in place)

Boil and drain pasta. Meanwhile whisk sauce ingredients together, add more chicken stock to thin to desired consistency (kind of like yogurt), some peanut butters may need to be thinned out more than others. Rinse pasta under cool water and drain thoroughly. Mix pasta, vegetables and sauce together in serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes 6 side dish portions 200 calories each

Double this recipe for entree portions

FYI... I mixed my leftover salad fixings into the noodles and the avocado and tomato(seeded and thinly sliced) were fantastic additions to this.

3 comments:

Gypsy Family said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds yummy...

congrats on the weight loss! I'm getting myself some Bubble Yum today! I thought today for sure I'd cut out liquid calories, but I can't seem to last five minutes...

katieo said...

Ok, I don't know where I've been.

..currently bookmarking you.

(and the recipe looks great!)

Mrs Furious said...

Hey thanks katieo... I'm honored :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin