Monday, November 9, 2009

All Over The Place... Updates Of All Kinds

This is shaping up to be a good week (as long as we don't catch H1N1). I don't have too much on my plate for a change and I'm hoping to pull down and store the Halloween decorations today and clean the house. I'm not babysitting until Thursday & Friday... which happen to be off for school conferences... so I'll need to hammer out anything I was hoping to get done BEFORE then. Kid's party is on Sunday, and while I debated that (Sunday that is vs Saturday), I'm really glad I chose that day... it gives me a whole day to make cupcakes and gather stuff without juggling babysitting on top of it all. I would have been a real bitch if I had had to do all that on Friday!


This weekend was fantastic. We drove about 6 hours to Myrtle Beach, SC. Mr F had two nights at a hotel there and we really made the best of it. Fellow blogger Kiki lives there so it was a good opportunity for us to hang out with her again. While it was not exactly beach weather (oh boo... you mean I don 't have to wear a bathing suit?) there were tons of fun things for us to do with the kids. They really enjoyed it and want to go back... and they LOVE Kiki (who doesn't?). When I can get Mr F to stop correcting his photos maybe I'll get a chance to put some up?!


For those of you wondering about Kid's shared birthday party... we are doing it. They came over for a playdate to hammer the details out and while it wasn't... hmm... how do I say this?... NORMAL... we do have it down to low key (I hope). Again let me say there is nothing about this woman that is evil she's just living in a slightly different reality. I'm really just going to show up with my plates & cupcakes & maybe a bunch of balloons. I'm letting everything else go. She can decorate as she sees fit. We did do an evite which I highly recommend (even though in some ways I'm anti) because you have an update tallying of who has seen the invite & who is coming (and how many uninvited siblings they're bringing... not that that is happening in this situation). She's bringing juice boxes which I find hilarious seeing as they are NOT low waste in any way. We are having presents... and after an hour's discourse on the topic she finally agreed to just NOT MENTION any part of it on the invitation. You know? People will either bring them or not... they really don't need a whole bunch of rules about the gifts. She wanted (and, boy, this is starting to get more involved then I intended) to have people RSVP and then she would call them and tell them which girl they would bring a gift for. Okay. I don't need Kid to get 20 presents but I'm pretty sure that step is completely unnecessary and only serves to complicate the party for the parents attending (which negates the whole point of doing a joint party). I will update you as things progress. I think I'm doing really well with this whole thing and am not feeling pressure to do more than I was.


Other updates... In Laws... they did call on her birthday. Now, I will have you know that they haven't called our house in close to 4 or 5 months. I suspect (and have... which is partly why I do it) that some people ARE reading the blog. When I mention how their actions/inactions make Kid feel things seem to happen. But I'm not expecting any kind of additional follow through from them at this point. They might call Mr F on Christmas.


Oh and Disney! I booked our hotel. This is our first time staying off site at Disney. I'm more than a little nervous about some of that (I realize it will be fine... but we are used to the WDW system) but our room is twice the size and has a separate living room and with two kids underfoot that could be the best mental health decision we've ever made. Plus it's about 40% cheaper... which means we can stay 40% longer. We're taking the full week of Thanksgiving off and heading down on the 21st. I'm hoping that will allow us a couple of days before the Thanksgiving crowds come. Oh and added bonus our hotel has a Thanksgiving buffet... which.... means I don't have to stress about the fact that all the Disney venues have been booked for the last year. And we're driving... which means... packing just got a LOT easier.

That's all I've got for now.

14 comments:

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

OH MY GOSH! I think it is so awesome you guys will be here in my area! We are going to be taking the kids over to Disney for a weekend stay over after thanks giving. We are gonna do our regular day out there then do the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, stay the night and do another park the next day! If you guys want to meet up while you are here let me know! I would LOVE to meet you guys in real life! lol Also, if you need any Disney help, I know it all like the back of my hand! lol Again .. SUPER excited, and happy for you guys ... yuo need a break!

inkelywinkely said...

wow! That's an update...I am so happy you got a little well deserved R&R this weekend..and I am super excited to hear about your trip to Disney..I want to hear about everything as it progresses. ((hugs))

Kinder said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend and yay for having Disney to look forward to!

Hope you have a great week and that everyone stays healthy!

michelline said...

Don't forget to factor in the $14/day Disney parking! They just raised it :(

I am so happy to see you guys are coming back down here. I know you've missed it. Say hi to Mickey and the gang for us!

Mrs Furious said...

Michelline,
I know! I'm crazy pissed about that. The hotel has a shuttle but the reviews say it's terrible. At least parking at our hotel is free.


BsOnlyToots,
email me so I can get your contact info. We're probably leaving on that Saturday after T'day but we'll hit a park before we go.

Julie said...

The hotel looks great. I want to go. Alone without my kids. Is that bad? The pools look awesome.

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

I *think* we are coming out the friday after T-day!! BUT I can come out whenever I want lol Its not far! I can hook you up with parking too! ;) Save ya some $$! Emailing you now! SUPER excited (just incase I didnt tell you before! lol)

Mrs Furious said...

inkelywinkely,
thanks... hope this week stays on the less bad vs more bad side of things for you!

Me, Only Better,
Me too :) The kids are very excited. And it is just nice to step away from the house and all the regular *chores* for 7 days. The Disney part is just a nice bonus.


julie,
For the love of God take your child free vacation with me in Paris!

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

Julie: a vacation with no kids?! SIGN ME UP!

Mrs.F: emailed!

Sarah said...

You deserve Disney. Okay, you deserve more than Disney, but hey what could make you feel any better that WDW?? When I read this, I had visions of churros, Dumbo rides and the Polynesian Resort, ahhhhhh. I am 27 with no kids, but would stow away in your suitcase if I could:)

Glad your weekend was fun and hopefully, relaxing!!

Missives From Suburbia said...

I'm jealous that you got to see Kiki again.

Have a great trip. I haven't stayed on the Disney property, but we stayed at some Embassy Suites or something when we were there in May for the shuttle launch. LOVED it. The hotel was clean, we had a living room that was separate from the bed room so Hubby and I didn't have to go to bed as soon as the kids went to sleep, and it was nice not to be surrounded by Disney. I hope you have as good an experience as we did.

inkelywinkely said...

Thanks. :)

Kiki said...

Uh Paris....sign me up! I'll take as much Xanax as necessary to fly there!!! Again, such a great visit....I'm a lucky blogger girls b/c Mrs. F is just as amazing in person as she is on her blog....and her girls...heavenly!

angie said...

So glad you get to head to Orlando. I know what that means for you guys. How wonderful!

Most of all glad the grandparents called on kid's birthday. I was actually worried about it.

Good luck this weekend. Can't wait to hear how the party goes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin