Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Tax Season... Another Potential Trip To A Divorce Lawyer

People.

People!

Not only did I file our goddamn taxes last week...

Including various assorted complications with ...


a) having partial year residencies in two different states

b) Mr F having his own freelance business

and

c) Mr F being the one of the most disorganized, forgetful, fiscally irresponsible humans on the face of the Earth


I, also, got the pleasure of redoing all of them TODAY.

Filing amended returns to the Feds, Michigan, and North Carolina.

See various complications a-c with a heavy focus on c.

Doing the taxes the first fucking time was not fun.

Doing it all over again... is cause for some serious payback.

5 comments:

wootini said...

Divorce?! That would be grounds for murder in my book, Mr. F... be glad you are married to Mrs F and not me!! :)

I hear your pain Mrs F - pretty sure we have commiserated about freelance taxes before. Dual state years are the worst. Praying we don't owe too many thousands this year...

Mrs Furious said...

I was just chanting around the house to the girls...
"Dad's lucky I don't have a gun, or he'd be DEAD DEAD DEAD!"

So sick of this bullshit. Thank God next year we just have one state to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah..that is grounds for revenge...like "oops, guess I forgot to cook your dinner" or "oops, guess I forgot to clean those shards of broken glass out of your side of the bed"...

Just saying. :)

Brenda said...

Ah yes, I so completely feel your pain, it is as if we are of one mind...

Deb said...

"Oops, I forgot about that massage I was going to get while you cleaned the house from top to bottom and watched the kids."

Just an idea.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin