Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On Insight and Supersight

Yesterday, while driving Kid to drop off Girl Scout cookie orders, we had an interesting conversation. During our years as a family, we've come across more than a few families that allow their children to have as much (or more) power than the parents. This has a lot of ramifications, but most notably, I find, are tantrums (long past toddlerhood), anger, and rudeness.
Anyway... this is what Kid had to say about it...

"If you are a kid and you are allowed to make all the decisions, your brain starts to think 'Control! I love being in charge!', when actually, NO, it's making you super stressed out and angry." Kid sums up for me, from the back seat.

Preach it, sister.

************************************************************

"Look into my eyes." Baby asks mysteriously.

"How many eyes do I have?" Baby prompts.

"Two." Mrs F replies.

"Look harder." Baby commands.

2 comments:

lucinda said...

I was sharing the hilarious eye story and that woman reminded me of the trick we learned in scholl of staring unfocused at someone's eyes and they appear to turn into a cyclops. It works. You just do have to try harder. :-)

Mrs Furious said...

I think she thought I was going to find more eyes. I did get my face touching hers and said "one?" She was disgruntled and told me I had 17... then said "You must have an alien's head."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin