Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Bet You Didn't See This Coming...

On Thursday, I was asked to be the Vice President of the Parent Teacher League.

A two year position with automatic promotion to President during the 2nd year.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

mostly both at the same time.















P.S. I do owe you the letter/principal meeting update (interesting and completely supportive FYI) & the recipes I promised!  I had another eye pain/migraine and then got sidetracked at a fucking MLM "party" for essential oils, a boy has proclaimed his love for Kid (and invited her to go golfing this summer?!  lol), and then the whole PTL thing happened... the week kind of got away from me.  

5 comments:

julie said...

How is this possible? You are such an awful influence? ;)

Actually, this is awesome, you surely deserve it. But it sounds like a big commitment. But then again, you'd have more control (maybe) on the way things go at the school.

I can't wait to hear all about everything else going on, too.

Happy Mother's Day, too!

Noah said...

Happy post-Mother's Day!

There is no way they should let you take this position. The children will be swearing and threatening to kill things in a matter of days. Kid's school will soon sound like my platoon.

What's next? Chewing tobacco and liquor.

Noah said...

...but seriously...congrats. Own it!!

Andrea said...

I say yes this should make for good blog fodder but then again you may get really busy and not have time to blog gasp :). No congrats Mrs.F, you must be doing something right.

Mrs Furious said...

Julie,
I hope your mother's day was good.
PTL... yeah... I tend to regret these things... but if we are going to stay one more year it might give me the fullest amount of info possible for making the best long term decision about the school.


Smitty,
"The children will be swearing and threatening to kill things in a matter of days"
That's my campaign platform ;)


Andrea,
How could it not make for some good blog fodder?! It will definitely be interesting. And hopefully not horrific...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin