Friday, March 7, 2008

The Love Story: Chapter One

It is rather ironic that I am sitting down to pen the Mr & Mrs F love story only moments after laying into Mr F for attempting to curl Kid's hair while I was busy trying to have some "alone time". There is no point really getting into why the curlers are so horrible or why Mr F thought he, of all people, was going to be able to use them (these things are still being disputed) but I will give you this little ditty uttered by moi (and of course no offense is meant by this to anyone but Mr F):
"If I wanted a [mentally challenged person] to do my daughter's hair I would have called down to the halfway house."

So how did a love like this take hold you wonder. Well wonder no more...

Mr F and I met in the summer of '99. We both were living in Park Slope, Brooklyn and had new dogs... that had issues. I was 23, just out of grad school, working in a mental health clinic in Manhattan, and had a Bichon puppy who had a tendency to rip up money (well any paper really... but the money was most problematic). Mr F was 31 and running his own graphic design company. He had rescued a dog that was... well... needy and aggressive. So that fateful summer we both started dog training classes. Mr F was too cool to wear the required fanny pack for dog treats and filled his cargo shorts with them. He was there to train his dog. Although my puppy's issues were annoying I was taking the class for the very same reason any single-ish 23 year old woman would be taking the class... to troll for single men. Mr F thought I was 17 and training the family dog and didn't really think twice about me (I don't think). It probably didn't help that I was going through a phase when I thought wearing cute pjs was perfectly acceptable after work summer attire. Being the chatty Kathy that I can sometimes be I quickly discovered that Mr F had a girlfriend and that was that.

To Be Continued...

13 comments:

E. Broderick Photography said...

Good call, Mr. F, on NOT wearing the fanny pack! ;)

Julie said...

love the "cute pj's" reference...yup, long time ago, i used to wear pj bottoms as normal attire...for going out in public. That was a long, long time ago. Now if it happens, it's just because I am too tired to care.

Mr Furious said...

RE: Mrs F's pj bottoms in public...you mean like the mental ward escapees in "The Dream Team"?

At least it qualifies you to curl hair...

Mrs Furious said...

Mr F,
what the hell is "The Dream Team"?!

having hair qualifies me to do hair.



Julie,
stop saying "long time ago"!! ;)

Elizabeth said...

PJ bottoms. Killing me.

Oh and Mr. F? Such a good call on the fanny pack. Thumbs up, sir.

Robin said...

Mrs. F -
"having hair qualifies me to do hair" ahahahaahahaha. Thanks, I needed that!

Mrs Furious said...

SFG,
Well I haven't always been a fashion plate ;)



Robin,
yes if he had hair he would have known NOT to use the crazy super velcro rollers which instantly fuse into Kid's hair forming a giant impenetrable knot! Not that I have PMS or anything...

Anonymous said...

"cute pj bottoms" know wonder why he bought you that zip up robe thing for your first Christmas! :)

Tam-e said...

I have never been a fan of the fanny-pack either! Smart man!
Enjoying the intro...can't wait to hear the rest!

Mrs Furious said...

anon,
don't go giving Mr F any excuses for that gift ;)



Tam-e,
Oh I'm glad you are enjoying it... with the lack of comments I've been wondering if it wasn't as funny as I thought ;)

Unknown said...

can't wait to hear more!!

Mrs Furious said...

Cara,
I'll be adding a chapter every Thursday night...

swienick666 said...

Yeah Mrs. Furious! I love stories with twists!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin