Tuesday, April 19, 2011

007

In an effort to make up for all of our recent pet loss, I let the kids bring home a pair of goldfish the other day.


(And, yes, I know what you are thinking... are goldfish... a pet with a 10 day warranty... really the best pet for grief stricken children? I know. But our last set of goldfish I kept alive for over 3 years, so I was maybe misguidedly hopeful. And having spent close to $1000 on pets, pet medical treatment, cremation, pet adoption, pet return... fish are cheap)

4 weeks later...

Thankfully, this time it was Baby's pet that bit the dust.

She has a much rosier outlook on death...

"It's great when your fish dies! When it is Your... Own... Fish.... you can dig the hole!" Baby shouts jubilantly.

7 comments:

dasnowz said...

Sorry about that... We have lost 3 frogs, 3 betas and a neon green fish in the last month alone. It was a bad batch from the pet store not us. Its hard for the kids. We have other fish we have had for almost 10 years now still going strong. And out dog is almost 12 and the cat is almost 10 so we are not pet killers. At least Baby has the right attitude for now. We have hamsters too. My kids being teenagers take it a lot harder. The 14 yo cried when the aquatic frogs died.

lucinda said...

RIP Calico. She looked fine on Thursday. :-(

Deb said...

Hamsters and fish are Bic animals. Totally disposable. I remember losing loads of them as a kid. I did not have Baby's good attitude, and I'm surprised my parents kept buying me pets.

Deb said...

Hamsters and fish are Bic animals. Totally disposable. I remember losing loads of them as a kid. I did not have Baby's good attitude, and I'm surprised my parents kept buying me pets.

Mrs Furious said...

mom,
It was Peachy Panzee aka Goldie... even with it being her namesake isn't bringing her down.
She just shouted out to the grave "Goldie, I liked you when you were alive! Now you are a mummy!"

Brenda said...

Baby is awesome. We had a Goldie too...and we actually surreptitiously kept her "alive" by replacing her twice until we got one that lasted a while. Of course our kids were much younger, and apparently not very observant back then...

Andrea said...

I love baby she is so funny. I'm not looking forward to the day our betta bites the dust. My girl is a little animal obbsessed and I know many strays are in our future.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin