Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Weirdest Thing Happened

and it really unnerved me.

Late, late, last night, long after Mr F's office bbq.

Which in and of itself unnerved me.

As I said to Mr F...

"You don't even like to go to your own office parties... that's why you always force me to go."

Well, much later, Kid came to my door crying.

Then I proceeded to have the most disturbing, confusing, heartbreaking conversation with her.

It's hard to recreate.

She said weird things, but answered questions about them convincingly.

This went on for half an hour.

She made eye contact.

But she was saying things that were cryptic and strange.

Things I've never heard before.

It freaked me the fuck out, to be honest.

What is going on?

What is she trying to tell me?

Why is she being so evasive?

She kept interjected "never mind" and "I don't want to tell you, you'll get mad."

Those are every parent's worst fear.

You must find a way around those roadblocks.

But in the end, I couldn't.

And after a long while of tossing and turning, she finally went back to her room and went back to sleep.

I lay there, charged, electrified by the unknown.

What just happened?

I still don't know.

Was she in some kind of strange halfway lucid/halfway sleep mode?

Was she confusing dreams for reality?

Or was she really trying to tell me something?

Something an 8 year old doesn't have the right words for.

6 comments:

Torey said...

This sounds scary, and like a parent's worst nightmare, but I'm also not 100% sure what we're talking about.

If you need an ear, let me know, I'm happy to listen.

Mrs Furious said...

totally weird... kinda reminded me of some pre-seizure stuff... maybe neuro... but weird. We cancelled our weekend trip to be on the safe side. It's like her language was messed up.

gooddog said...

IS there any chance she had been reading something that you didn't know about and had thoughts about it going through her mind? Maybe something she thought you'd be mad about?

Was she sleep-talking? My husband can talk for at least 10 minutes asleep and never remember. Just ideas... that sounds scary.

Thinking about you and hoping all is well today and tonight and it turns out to be nothing but some weird fluke.

Mrs Furious said...

Something is definitely *off* with her ... She slept a ton and then has barely eaten all day... Which I think is encouraging since I'm more apt to chalk this up to being sick & maybe having fever related weird dreams and semi consciousness. She does remember talking to me but isn't interested in talking it over with me. I've asked her if she knows what she was talking about or what some of the things were referring to but she shuts the conversation down. Weird

wootini said...

Wow that really sounds worrisome - I hope she is ok!!

Brenda said...

Don't know if you'll read this, since it's an old post I'm responding to by now, but I went through a similar sounding incident with K a long while back... it was like he'd had a psychotic break or something. Super scary and unnerving. We had a second incident with a lot of "I don't want to tell you" and "it's something that has never happened to anyone else". That second one just turned out to be some confusion over body changes of puberty. He was super freaked out, which I felt terrible about because I thought we always had a pretty open household where nothing was off limits for discussion. I guess you can't prepare for everything though... just food for thought. Hormones might be a trigger either way...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin