Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


Oh My God, it's 12 days to Christmas!

Which reminds me, the other day Baby asked,

"What are the gifts Jesus brings me?"

To which Kid replied,

"Jesus doesn't bring you gifts; you mean Santa?"

"No, Jesus, like in that song." Baby repeats.

"Hmm, I don't know what song you mean. I don't think Jesus brings you gifts." I say.

"In the song you were playing!" Baby asserts.

"I'm sorry, I don't know that song." I return, somewhat confused.

"Yes, you do! You were playing it on the piano." Baby explains.

"You know, 'On the 1st day of Christmas Jesus gave to me...'!!" She explains.

"No, that is 'My true love gave to me'; Jesus doesn't give you those." Kid tells her laughing.

We sang the whole song with Jesus instead of My True Love, it gave a whole new meaning to Christmas.

Oh, we had a good laugh over that misheard lyric.


Anyhoo, we finally got out all of our Christmas stuff and I feel SO much better...



I'm not sure if you can tell in these pictures, but our tree is 7 feet WIDE.

For real.

You know how much fun it is to water a tree that is wider than your arm is long?!

Not fun.

1 comment:

Torey said...

I love the way children hear and interpret things. So unique!


And your decorations are beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin