Saturday, June 9, 2012

What We've Been Up To...


Baby had her first dance recital this weekend.  Whoa, I had no idea what we were getting into.  A lot more goes into this stuff than I had anticipated.  Like mandatory hooker lipstick.  And 1000 rehearsals (okay 6... it felt like 1000)

This is her all time favorite pose....

This is all from the dress rehearsal since video and photography aren't allowed at the recital... which turned out okay since one girl froze during the real show.

Baby is the 2nd from the right, in the purple dress with the dark brown bear.

5 comments:

wootini said...

She could not be ANY CUTER. Oh my god, I've died of cuteness overload. Thank you for posting!

-Emily

Mrs Furious said...

You are most welcome :) She wouldn't stop pursing her lips because of the lipstick... ever... like for hours after. She was IN LOVE with herself in her show make-up.

wootini said...

Haha oh that brings back many good memories from my own dance recitals as a kid. I thought I was hot stuff in my costumes and make up!

For all the insanity (1,000s of rehearsals, slavish devotion to perfect matching - I recall having to dye our shoes in one lot so they would match exactly, buying the exact same type of sequins to augment the costume backs, etc - you'd have thought it was Broadway) we LOVED it and those revues remain one of my most cherished memories.

But, god - as a parent!? My poor mom, with three little boys in tow? Oy. Those shows were over 5 hours long, no lie.

Emily

Kellie said...

She did a great job! And I feel ya on the rehearsal...SO LONG! I am glad Em chose the tumbling path vs the dancing one. ;)

Brenda said...

Oh, this is what I miss out on as a mom of boys. Holy cow, that was adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin