Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hope Everyone Is Okay... Because I'm Certainly Not

I was huddled up having a major tornado PTSD anxiety attack as the wind speeds picked up to something insanely ridiculous last night.

And, people, I know what 140 mph wind speeds look like.

Last night wasn't looking (or sounding) that much better in comparison.

Me no likey.

It was no f'ing joke at our house last night.

Who knew it was going to be like this all the way in the middle of Michigan?!  For the love of God!

We still have one massive tree outside Baby's window, so we moved her to my room and Mr F slept with her while I went and lay hyperventilating all night long in Kid's guest bed.

I felt like a wild animal with all my instincts kicking in... and people... they were not telling me to go to sleep as Mr F had suggested.

They were telling me to WIG THE FUCK OUT.

(and for the record the cats' instincts were also telling them to wig the fuck out... so I think I may have been onto something there)

Thankfully the wind speeds didn't really pick up until the girls' were in bed so they didn't have to know what was going on.

We thought about keeping them home from school today because the wind speeds might make the highway commute we have dangerous.

But Mr F also worried leaving them home with me all day might be dangerous to their psyche.

Hopefully things will die down before I have to go pick them up.

Because what would be most damaging to their psyche is what might happen with me + minivan + wind gusts + semi-trucks + highway merging.

Just saying.






3 comments:

Brina said...

All I can offer is 'Oh crap' - I really have no idea how you feel (thankfully no major tornadoes in Germany, then again I know how PTSD feels...), but I feel for you, Mrs. F :/

So so sorry you have to go through this (again)!!

Torey said...

Ugh. I thought of you last night with all the crazy wind going on. It's totally freaky.


If it makes you feel any better, my mother in law is in town from NJ (they moved last year) and she can't fly home because the airports are closed :( So, you know. . .She's still here. . .

Mrs Furious said...

Brina,
thanks... It turns out I definitely have issues with fears of trees falling on the house (go figure). I hopefully this is it for extreme weather until next spring. Snow I can handle.


Torey,
haha... jesus! she could be there for awhile!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin