Sometime last week Bi0nicw0man tagged me for another meme. Now you all know I love to go on and on about good old me so of course I'm going to comply with her kind request. I might even tag people at the end of it. But I do think it needs to be said that although I don't mind being tagged I do hate tagging... so if the actual "chain" aspect of these things is important to you then you might want to think twice before you tag me. I'm just sayin'...
Things you might not know about me:
1. I was... at 15 years old... a Charter Subscriber to Martha Stewart Living Magazine ... explains a lot now doesn't it?
2. My parents were married at 19 and separated by 26... they have both been married three times. My Father moved out of state when I was 12. My Mother kicked out my step-father of 11 years while I was on vacation and I never saw him again... he had been my primary caregiver... so you can see that it is completely understandable that I might have some control issues.
3. I went to NYU for both undergraduate and graduate school. When I was there Christy Turlington was also going there. She was taking a class with one of my best friends. One day at dinner some friends were asking him what she wore to class and he said "umm.. lets just say not what "Mrs F" was wearing today". I was of course wearing a pair of jeans (made for a very short fat man) and an oversized black tee shirt that said "Out Of Control" in crazy 80's neon green writing... both of which I had gotten back in Detroit at Value Village.
4. During the summer that I was 20 I went to live in Palo Alto, CA and worked the Bay Area farmer's markets for a crazy Greek family. They were completely out of control and manipulative. I worked from 6 AM to 11 PM EVERYday for $50 a day. I would do a market by myself.. meaning load up all the vegetables (including 60 lb boxes of potatoes and onions) and tents and tables on a flatbed pickup, put in the big metal rails to enclose the flat bed, drive this rickety old jalopy (often with no rearview mirrors) for up to an hour and then set everything up myself. It was no freaking joke! I was in the best shape of my life. I really enjoyed having such a physical job...it literally pushed me to the brink of what I was capable of doing. By the end of the summer I had some serious guns and was a goddamn BADASS!
5. Mr F and I met in dog training class back in Park Slope, Brooklyn. He thought I was 17 and training the family pet... I thought he was my age.. we were both 8 years off. In fact unbeknownst to me at the time I was the one who convinced him to finally end his "going nowhere" 4 year long relationship with my insightful words of wisdom.. "If you don't know by now if you want to live with her then you probably don't." (Now everyone should note that people always tell me the personal details of their lives... we didn't know each other outside of class at all... so I really wasn't fishing for anything I was just calling it like I see it) A few weeks later I ran into him totally assuming he would have moved in with her after all... only to find out they had broken up. We had our first date that night and saw each other EVERY day there after. Our common love of Dr Pepper and my overall weirdness bringing us together.