Thursday, September 10, 2009

Changes

The leaves have suddenly decided to turn. While eating on our porch, the other night, the wind carried swirls of yellow all around us. And now our house is getting cool in the mornings. While I lie in my bed, gathering courage to jump out and run to my beloved robe, I know that soon I'll hear the hissing of radiators and the smell of singed air. The girls wake with stuffy noses and sore throats as the first cold starts winding it's way from bed to bed.

Today we traded cold cereal for oatmeal. I shuffled through drawers looking for long sleeved shirts (there weren't any).

I was wondering if we'd be here for Fall. Not sure what would be worse... To be here with no answer? To be here... alone... missing out on the changes with head buried in newsprint and boxes? To be here with hopes depleted?

But now I think the momentum of the changes, still exciting to me, will carry me through... no matter the outcome.

I hope.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I am already warming up with beds with the winter blankets and such!!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I can't believe all of the color in the trees already.. It's usually hot in September!

inkelywinkely said...

I know, right?
BTW, I think you will go through it all well..you are a strong woman- you have proven that already..

Mr Furious said...

At least the weather and fall are realy nice here...

lucinda said...

Is it really cooling there already? It is finally eighty here. Do you want me to send the long-sleeved back to school clothes?

lucinda said...

Is it really cooling there already? It is finally eighty here. Do you want me to send the long-sleeved back to school clothes?

Mrs Furious said...

Mom,
I'll let you know. I need to bring the bins up and deal with Kid's writhing around while I try to get her to try things on. I'll exchange shirts for your shoes.


Supemom,
I am one step away from that myself.


Tracey,
Yeah something fishy is going on. I remember burning up trying to walk home from school with Kid last fall. We needed coats today.


Inkelywinkely,
I hope so. I'm going to get pretty depressed I fear if the news isn't good. But maybe by then It'll be Christmas and I'll have something to distract me!


Mr F,
at least

Julie said...

I am sending lots of good karma your way. You guys totally deserve good news.

I'm with Lucinda on the weather...up here in MA, it is finally becoming more like summer.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin