Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Delicioso !


Yes... that would be a "Kashi Go Lean Roll!" in Caramel Peanut.
Delicious. I'm a very picky *energy* bar eater... most of them suck and have a terrible texture unlike anything else in the food world. These "Roll!" versions are really good and if anything slightly too sweet. I've been having the Chocolate Turtle flavor for awhile now and those are good, kind of like a huge tootsie roll covered in rice syrup and coated in nuts and kashi type stuff. But my god this Caramel Peanut flavor is sooo much better. I could easily eat this for dessert and be completely satisfied. 190 calories. 12 g of protein (not bad!). 6 g of fiber. Unfortunately it does have 14 g of sugar.... but hey that's why it's good!

3 comments:

E. Broderick Photography said...

Hee, hee. While reading your blog I was chewing my own Kashi bar. But it's not a roll--it's a Kashi GoLean bar--crunchy chocolate peanut. I, too, am incredibly picky about these things. And I've tried those rolls. Good--but the few I've had were so hard to bite/chew that I thought I'd break my teeth. I did wonder if they were just OLD--on the shelf for the past year or something. I don't imagine they move very quickly at our Big Y. Plus they sell my bars in boxes of 4 so they are a bit cheaper that way. 180 calories, 5g fat, 6g fiber and 9 protein. (13g sugar) Yum. Still a pretty good workout for my jaw, though.

Mrs Furious said...

Yeah they're chewy but not "dry" and "dusty" feeling in your mouth... maybe "grity" is a better term then "dusty". Yours might have been old. This is clearly "fresh" and it wasn't gonna break my teeth.

Mrs Furious said...

Okay I am eating another one. These are clearly fresh since the packaging is somewhat different. Not too hard at all. Try 'em... delish! Totally peanuty! Yum

Blog Widget by LinkWithin