Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This Week

So school started today and we managed to arrive on time... I even fed Kid Furious breakfast and lunch and believe it or not I vacuumed! Thankfully (and the beauty of red shirting) she was familiar with her teachers and classroom and I was in and out in under ten minutes. I believe that took us 50 minutes last year and a lot of tears shed... hers and mine! Then I drove to the grocery store while Baby Furious cried hysterically the whole way. Turns out she hasn't improved much in the car department.. we just never went anywhere all summer and I could avoid it. On the bright side I did manage to go shopping at both grocery stores and do it in half the time! Surprise, surprise, Kid Furious' constant whining and shenanigans were really slowing me down... who knew?!

So here is our menu:

Tuesday: Chicken breasts in Stubb's (gotta go get this marinade if you don't have it already!) & pasta salad
Wednesday: Mr F & Kid F date night (hoping this will help with Kid's current 'tude)
Thursday: Flank Steak, potatoes and corn on the cob
Friday: take out
Saturday: Flank Steak Sandwiches & salad
Sunday: Salmon Noodle Casserole (yes it is exactly what you think it is... tuna noodle casserole sans the mercury)


Yeah I know that I'm pretty much just repeating last week! I was all set not to cook at all and just get take out every night so this is a major improvement from that. Plus I just can't deny those damn steak sandwiches ;)


I've also decided to start planning out all Kid Furious' meals for the whole week that way I have a plan for giving her more balanced meals. If only I would take this one step further and do the same for myself.... baby steps people.... baby steps!

8 comments:

michelline said...

Hopefully the pre-k will make next year that much easier for both of you.

I thought most kids liked car rides. Mine both did. You hear stories about people driving with their kids aimlessly in the middle of the night to get some peace and quiet.

I told you I liked grocery shopping, but shopping with kids just sucks. I'll be happy when I can just leave them both in the car safely.

I really need to make weekly menus. You're making me feel guilty.

Mr Furious said...

I thought most kids liked car rides.

Not THIS one! Last night we all had to pile into the car for a three minute drive, and Baby F howled the whole way...of course she also was out of sorts during the entire visit (checking out a house).

Kid F, was a baby who you could throw in the car a drive around the block to put her to sleep.

Mrs Furious said...

Kid F, was a baby who you could throw in the car a drive around the block to put her to sleep.

Selective memory... Kid F hated the car until she could ride face forward after a year old!


Just returned from dropping of Kid F and Baby F screamed like the straps of her carseat were made of barbed wire the entire drive home! UGGGGHHH.... 2 more hours and we have to do it again!

The weekly menus are working.

Mrs Furious said...

I really need to make weekly menus. You're making me feel guilty.

Does this mean you are the main cook?

michelline said...

Does this mean you are the main cook?

Yes. I shop, I cook, I clean. I'm a domestic god. :).

Mrs Furious said...

wonders never cease with you ;)

J said...

Theo HATED the car starting at 11 or 12 weeks (actually the first car hating incident was the ride right after Michael successfully defended his dissertation, not a great welcome to the world of doctor-hood. It was so bad that I made M stop the car so we could make sure Theo wasn't somehow having his leg clipped by the car seat fasteners. He wasn't.). It continued that badly for a couple of months and then just turned to general disconsolation in the car. He's even facing forward now and is only really ok for about 20 or 30 minutes. It's tough. The four hours to Crystal Lake - let's just say "memorable" ;)

On a better note, I'm glad the menus are working. Don't feel bad about repeating. You're getting into the rhythm of planning. Creativity will return. We're total meal planning addicts now :)

What are Mr. and Kid doing on the "date"?

J said...

I want the salmon noodle casserole recipe :) I've looked for years for a tuna noodle casserole recipe I liked and have never been satisfied. BTW: Have you tried "Tongol" tuna? It's amazing and very low in mercury. In fact it's the standard tuna in Europe where mercury standards are stricter. I think both WF and TJs sell it, but it's cheaper at TJs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin