Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh... No, No, No, No, No, No

Well I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and a spark of light caught my eye. What is that that kind of glints like a sparkly My Little Pony glitter hair? Now it is true that I didn't have time to shower today.... notice I said I didn't have time, not that I was too lazy, or I decided I didn't look too bad "as is" this morning... so lay off! My point is my hair isn't in pristine condition and I don't want to completely freak out.. but it is seeming that the majority of my postpartum hair regrowth is mother fucking grey! Now it is not like I don't have other greys, in fact I have quite a streak coming out of the top of my head. But a streak screams "Bad Ass" (what else did you expect me to say) grey temples scream "Old Hag". Sweet Jesus lets all hope a shower does the trick otherwise I might have to start stocking up on the Clairol (gasp!)

14 comments:

michelline said...

Gray at 31, such a tragedy.

I'm getting some gray hairs in different places, but it looks distinguished on me.

Mrs Furious said...

Isn't that nice for you! ;)

Mr Furious said...

Obviously he means his beard...

[ouch!]

Mrs Furious said...

You're one to talk!

Mr Furious said...

That was a two-person "ouch."

michelline said...

Obviously he means his beard...

Actually yes, I was referring to beard, head, and chest. Mr. F - your wife has a dirty mind.

Mrs Furious said...

that isn't what I meant (lol!) I use the wink as a more friendly yet sarcastic gesture. I did try to find better emoticons and nothing really works for my personality....ah well...

Mrs Furious said...

I'm stilling laughing....

Mr Furious said...

LOL!

Too funny. Not really sure where this veered into CH's pants, I was (hesitatingly) referencing the pate.

And only because I'm a member of the No Hair Club for Men...

michelline said...

And only because I'm a member of the No Hair Club for Men...

I always refer to it as the distinguished look, like Captain Picard.

Mrs Furious said...

Mr F's bald hair idol is Bruce Willis.

Does that mean you are completely shaved on top... and I do mean your head ;)

Mr. F is constantly struggling with whether or not to go all the way, pretty soon he won't have to worry about that anymore though! :)

Cheryl said...

I feel your pain. I started getting gray while pregnant, and it hasn't ceased. Luckily, blonde highlights hide it pretty well :)
I also ended up with a lot more curl too, strange what those hormones can do.

michelline said...

Does that mean you are completely shaved on top... and I do mean your head ;)

I have wispies on top, so I shave those. Then I have the classic wraparound fringe which I cut with the shortest guard on the trimmer.
Here's a good picture from this March.

Mrs Furious said...

cheryl,
I wish I had started postpartum... I've been going grey since I started working in social work (23)... coincidence? I think not! Since having Charlotte it is like an explosion though. And why is it you seemingly lose about a third of your hair but not a single grey hair falls out?!?

Chris,
I have wispies on top
That is a much nice term than "doll hair" which is what that is called around here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin