Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mrs Furious and Her Fashion Quest Continues

Well I got my next Missus Smarty Pants newsletter today. I almost didn't even want to open it, but hell I needed a laugh... and boy did I get one! This week the clothes are from La Redoute an online store I have never even heard of. That made me a little nervous. Missus Smarty Pants recommends I buy this shirt. But that is not what is funny. What almost made me spit my hot chocolate all over my computer is the shirt that La Redoute "suggests" in the upper right hand corner (you can see it better here). My nursing baby would surely appreciate this top.. but can you just imagine me showing up at preschool in that! And I mean as it is featured people.... now that is freaking hilarious and worth every penny I spent on this thing!


Disclaimer:
I know a lot (okay like 5!) people have been hitting my site from Googling Missus Smarty Pants.. and I feel bad that I have been bashing her site. You might love her site. You will especially love it if you are a hooker or are over 50. I didn't mean to go there again but in case you forgot she did recommend this top too! And that is not to say women over 50 want to look like hookers... I mean that she seems to have a split personality. If you are over 50 I might go so far as to say I highly recommend her.

15 comments:

E. Broderick Photography said...

Good Lord.

michelline said...

I think the black shirt is not bad. What's up with the anorexic model wearing it though?

And the "bib-style" shirt is intriguing. Hmmm, maybe I should pick one up for Michelline.

Oh, I made the tilapia tonight. The only variation was my grocery store doesn't carry anything called sweet paprika, so I just used regular. They were very good, easily the best fish I've ever made, and impossible to screw up. I might try a different spice mix just to shake things up, maybe put the pepper flakes in. I don't know if I could eat them every goddamn day, but I'll likely put them into the rotation, such as it is.

Mrs Furious said...

How does They were very good, easily the best fish I've ever made not equal I could eat them every goddamn day?

Thanks for the props though!

michelline said...

How does They were very good, easily the best fish I've ever made not equal I could eat them every goddamn day?

Hey, variety is the spice of life :)

Mrs Furious said...

True enough...
Let me know what other spices you try on that.

Also I would like to know how you make your meatballs. I just finished up all 4 batches from my freezer and before I make more I'd like to know what you put in yours.
Mine are 1/2 turkey 1/2 beef, then I've got some bread crumbs, egg, a little of whatever pasta sauce I'm using and basil & oregano. Sometimes finely chopped onion.
Michelline was talking yours up!

Anonymous said...

I hate ruching so the black shirt is out. And the other is just plain skank. I don't think Chris needs to pick one up for me. EEWWW...

You will especially love it if you are a hooker or are over 50

This is fucking hysterical. I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Mr Furious said...

Word I've never seen or heard before this post? Ruching.

I don't even know how you say it, but chances are it doesn't sound any better than it looks.

Anonymous said...

Word I've never seen or heard before this post? Ruching.


See this site for an explanation and an example: http://fabsugar.com/301588

Ruching

(Also spelled rouching) n. A French word which means to plait. It is a very ancient sewing technique. A strip of fabric or ribbon is gathered in a repeat pattern and as the gathering thread is drawn up the strip forms scallops or petals. Throughout history ruching has been an embellishment or trim on women's clothing often seen on a neckline, sleeve, hem or bonnet.


Basically, it means just plain FUGLY. Especially if you are a woman who suffers from curviness.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh my goodness... that "bib" top! Do you think the people who put that in the catalog were just cracking up the entire time?

Great blog, by the way--Katie at Sister Skinny recommended you and I can see why!

Mrs Furious said...

Basically, it means just plain FUGLY.

LOL Michelline!




Crabby,
Thanks! I'm actually a bit overwhelmed by her glowing recommendation...I just went over there. I'm trying not to let it go to my head!

katieo said...

I just ordered the bib shirt. Ha ha, juuuust kidding.
(just about left out a crucial "r" there, lol)

And I *love* that it it says "breezy" in the description. UH. YEAH.

Mrs Furious said...

Katieo,

Everytime I even think of that shirt it makes me laugh. Missus Smarty Pants should think about a name change to Missus Spanky Pants!

Heather said...

Wow - yes, that's all. Wow.
Heather

Mrs Furious said...

Heather,
See this has more than paid for itself in laughs ;)

Sondra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin