Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Good News Continues

I don't know if I should talk about these things I'm afraid of jinxing them... but then I think that's ridiculous. I think that maybe thinking positively has more of an actual effect than worrying does. So...

Two good things:

#1 Today a couple came to look at Mr F's car and they are interested. They are going to think about their offer and will get back to us. If we can settle on a number that we think is fair (or more than fair... haha) we might get this taken care of and I will not have to worry about how we'll cover Mr F's business taxes ANYMORE!!!

#2 I went online to check out our credit card statement. This has been maddeningly frustrating as of late because I just can't figure out why our monthly statements haven't been lower (well I know that it isn't my doing). I feel like I am constantly busting my ass trying to cut costs as much as humanly possible. It's so bad that this morning Mr F dropped a carton of eggs and I was trying not to get mad but also immediately counting up the wasted money. It's eggs, folks! But that is how tight I have been with the food budget... even an extra carton of eggs hurts.

Right about now you are probably thinking..."I thought this was supposed to be good news?!" Hold on... it is. So I was reviewing our statement. The one that is due in 2 weeks closed... well... 2 weeks ago and it was higher than I thought it should have been. It had some Xmas spending on it and Mr F had charged some work related expenses that pushed it up over what I had expected. That is partially what set me off into a financial depression last week... just the inability to account for all the spending (or predict it). I kept thinking that my grocery budgeting should be making a difference... and it hadn't been. Until today. Today I checked it and FINALLY all the work is starting to show up. Now we still have a couple weeks left on this statement but for the first time our total spending, for the entire month, will only be several hundred dollars. HUNDRED not THOUSAND. Finally we will have a complete statement that reflects our new grocery budget. I am elated and so much more hopeful than I was just a couple of days ago.

So if you are scrimping and feeling like it is never paying off... hang in there. I wouldn't have believed, even 4 days ago, that things could turn around... let alone so quickly. Proving yet again that the darkest times are often right before light.

14 comments:

kenady said...

YAY for good news!!

Michelle said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle :)

Mrs Furious said...

Thanks guys.

I feel like I can take a moment a breathe for a change.

HC said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYY!! I'm so relieved for you! I knew that good things would start to happen for you guys. I'm not a very spiritual person, but I belive in balance, and y'all were due for some good stuff!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! Now you can breathe a little easier!
:)Hugs,
Kat

Renee said...

YEAHHHH! You definitely needed a little breather after all of your compacting and broken butt! Glad the tides have turned!!!!

Jane said...

Glad to hear that busting your ass... ;-)...wasn't all for nought. Hehehe.

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

So glad things are FINALLY looking up for you guys!

Deb said...

Awww... good news! Congratulations!

Have you ever checked out Mint.com? I don't use it for budgeting, but I have entered all of our accounts into it, and rather than logging into our credit card account to see what kind of nefarious spending my husband is doing that will push our budget over the edge every month, I just log into Mint.com and check our ATM, checking and credit card in one fell swoop. It updates balances every time you log in. I LOVE it.

Okay, commercial over.

Julie said...

sweet.

I hope the car gets sold...what a relief it will be to put the whole tax thing to bed.

Jane said...

I know, different topic. But seriosly. I found a thread where people buy/get given/dig through recycle to get all the coupons they can. Buy/get free LOTS of stuff, and then make THOUSANDS of dollars a week selling it all dirt cheap at flea markets.

I need to move to a bigger town.... just think. Getting lots of stuff...getting out of the house...getting to shop dirt cheap... then making a crap ton of money.

Seriously.

Mrs Furious said...

Thank for all the encouragement!


Deb,
I'm totally looking in to it!


M, M & I,
That is crazy. Flea markets where they sell shampoo and stuff? I was just thinking of going through our neighbor's recycling to see what kind of coupons come in our paper... but he's ALWAYS home...

Elizabeth said...

yay good things happening! May more be on the way!

Anonymous said...

Hmm..if you REALLY want to peek at the recycled papers, maybe knock on his door on recycle day and ask if you can have them since your kid is doing a collage/school assignment?

Congrats on the credit card! That is GREAT!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin