Monday, June 15, 2009

Operation Little Woman

Nope, I'm not talking about weight loss.

I'm talking about my on going mission to fill my freezer with food for Mr F to eat while we're gone. I don't know why I'm doing it... it's not like he expects it... I guess I don't want him to waste too much money on take out or groceries he'll never end up cooking.

Plus, I don't know, I guess I do care that he'll have to come home and eat something totally random by himself every night.

So I have settled on things that Mr F can just put in the fridge to thaw at the beginning of the week and can cook up on the George Foreman. I've been buying the big family packs of meat and chicken when it goes on sale and dividing them into individual bags for easy thawing.

As of now I have 4 marinated chicken breasts, 5 hamburger patties & 9 pork chops in various marinades. I've got rolls in there too. I told him I'm not worrying about sides... he's happy to have his "sides" be potato chips so why waste my time and effort figuring anything else out?

I also made a dozen mini baked french toast "muffins". All he's got to do it microwave them for 30 seconds and he's good to go.

Next week I'm going to make up another batch of the BBQ pulled chicken and some burritos. The beauty of doing all this is that he can eat them when he wants with little effort and nearly no cost... or not. If he ends up eating pizza and Mc Donald's every night... whatever... everything is frozen and nothing is wasted.

13 comments:

inkelywinkely said...

good job!

I don't know how you handle the stress of it... that is why I can never leave, I stress over every little thing..and I know that if EVERYTHING isn't covered, dh will go out and think nothing of spending what I spend in a week on us all on fast food three meals a day for just him.

Guess that is men for you.LOL.

Anywho, great job!

And, tell me about these french toast muffins... I need to know. :)

HC said...

Man, I wish I had a wife.

Mrs Furious said...

Haley,
LOL... I can't even imagine what it would be like to be on the receiving end of this stuff. A dream.


Inkelywinkely,
Will do. I took pictures of the making of yesterday.
I'll put it up tomorrow for you.

Jewcy Bits said...

Wow, talk about preparation. You deserve a medal. Or some very large diamonds. I'd prefer the latter but I'm distracted easily by sparkle.

Michelle said...

Pssst...

He can always hang out with Superdad too!

:)

sara said...

Mrs. Furious,

Where can I find that French Toast muffin recipe??

-SawSaw

Mrs Furious said...

Supermom,
I will pass that along!

Sara,
I'll put it up this afternoon. They turned out really good plus it is crazy flexible flavor wise.

Mrs Furious said...

Jewcy bits,
Large diamonds?! Ha! That would be the day. I'm just happy he has acknowledged that I've done it at all.
Plus, truthfully, I'm just kind of addicted to freezing things these days.

Mr Furious said...

"who am I kidding?... it's just my need to control the food in this house even in my absence"

I wasn't going to say it...

;-)

inkelywinkely said...

It is okay Mrs. F....when I was going to reply, I didnt even notice the part that Mr F quoted.

My dh did, though..and he said "I think THAT is YOUR problem." LOL

Heather said...

Ahem. Recipe please!

sara said...

yeahyeahyeah!

The McCurry Project said...

You have Mr F totally covered, now what if he has a super hugh bar-b-q and and feeds all his buddies one night. j/k

Blog Widget by LinkWithin