Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Got Scissors?

I happen to have a pile of old basic long sleeved shirts I got at Target when I was nursing Baby. Read: they are ridonkulously shapeless on me now, so they just sit in my dresser.

Take basic long sleeved shirt:

Cut off the bottom hem.

Cut up the middle of front of shirt.

Just eye ball it! It is jersey it will roll! No problem!

Cut sleeves to desired length so they will roll too. (And so it looks intentional and not like you just cut up a shirt.)

My shirt had a crew neck collar. I just trimmed off the ribbed fabric but left the stitching around the neck opening.
You could cut it off. It doesn't matter!

Okay!


Put on the cheap outfit you bought at Target because it was 90 out and you don't have any tank tops or shorts that fit. Elastic waists are in! yay!

Then throw on your new cardigan so you don't feel so trashy at the grocery store!

If you are the kind of person who can pull off the tied up look you can do that too:

Of course I am not that kind of person, so I do beg your forgiveness for exposing you to that.

Alright, have at it.

White shirt... I'm coming for you.

7 comments:

P.O.M. said...

WOw... that is a great idea. I have a bunch of long sleeve shirts I bought for some random reason and I never wear them. But I would def throw that on over whatever on the weekends. Of course when I try to do ANYTHING crafy it is at a 2nd grade level. But I'll try anyway.

Mr Furious said...

Kid and her blunt analysis have a future on television. She could replace Stacey on "What Not to Wear." Or Simon on "American Idol."

(It's riDONKulous.)

Mrs Furious said...

I would like to note that I haven't even had the skirt on for 2 hours (just cut off tags) when one of the large pockets got caught on something when I was running for the phone... and ripped off leaving a huge hole in the brand new skirt. Gah!

Sarah said...

I love that skirt...so cute! Great idea with the shirt. I am a pack pat and probably have tons of stuff I can change up somehow.

Torey said...

Mr. F watches What Not to Wear??

This is amazing news.

Deb said...

Hm. I'm thinking you could make a tank top out of that, too. (In fact, I thought that's where you were going with that first photo, and I couldn't figure out how the shirt went from black to orange.) I might have to get on that, because I'm pretty sure we purchased identical Target shirts.

I pictured the pocket catch/tear scenario when I read your comment on it, and I laughed out loud, because I have done that countless times.

northerngurl said...

My God you are resourceful. I love it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin