Thursday, July 8, 2010

Could This Day Feel Any Longer?

Okay:

Countered party #1.

Waiting on party #2 to make an offer (maybe) by end of the day.

Party #1 is now waiting to counter our counter until they know if party #2 jumps in.

So we wait.

And it's excruciating.

Will there be a competition?

Or will party #1 wait it out and hold strong with their low offer?

I can't tell if this whole thing has hurt us or helped us with them.

14 comments:

Missives From Suburbia said...

I felt my shoulders tighten up as I read that. I really hope #2 gets off the pot and a bidding war erupts.

Mrs Furious said...

its 5:30... time to make a decision!!!!
Our fear, of course, is if they don't then that gives party #1 a bit of an upper hand. Like "See? No one else wants your house... take my low ball." And, seeing as we would really like to get the hell out of there that's starting to be true....

wootini said...

eek, I have no fingernails left. Can't wait to hear the word... come on buyer #2!!!

Mrs Furious said...

6:30 PM.... officially FREAKING OUT

HC said...

I'm going to start drinking for you.

AAAAAACK!!!

wootini said...

Checking back to see if there's any news... hear, hear HC - I'm breaking out the vodka! Yikes!

Mrs Furious said...

Yo! 8:35 PM... no word!!!
So our 1st party is antsy. The 2nd party is refusing to piss or get off the pot. In an effort to not come out of this the total losers we're giving party #2 until noon tomorrow to make an offer. Remember that party #1 has opted NOT to continue negotiating until she knows if party #2 is making an offer. I think if we wait until they say no and then go back to her we're in a bad position for negotiating. If decided if we quit on #2 because they can't decide it puts us in a better place to demand a higher price with her... and seems more respectful of her as the first bidder. Right? My real estate agent thought it was genius... so does that mean I can keep his 3%?! Yeah, I didn't think so. We also reminded #1 that she is free to negotiate with us at anytime, I don't want her to forget that she's stalling this in an effort to avoid a competitive situation and start getting annoyed that this is taking so long. She's waiting to save her own ass. If she wants to improve her offer we'd be happy to commit right now. You know?
SO long story short I don't think we're going to have any more info until noon tomorrow. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight...

Mrs Furious said...

oh and I feel good about the limit on #2 since all along they planned to make a decision by the end of the week. So we're not really rushing them. They're choosing between us and some other house. They've seen them both multiple times and it's go time. Sometimes you need a deadline.

Mrs Furious said...

And now we've heard that our explanation and plan has been well received by both interested parties.
phew

more tomorrow!

how many calories will I eat before then?!

angie said...

Good luck. Icant imagine the stress. Hope all goes well. Hugs!

julie said...

I would have eaten my weight in peanut m&m's by now.

Fingers crossed that it all works out well.

Elizabeth said...

good luck, good luck, good luck!

gooddog said...

fingers crossed for you!!
here's to a good day to come...

P/F said...

I hope that you blow #1 and #2's minds and get a THIRD offer. This time much higher.

Fingers crossed.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin