Thursday, December 2, 2010

Danger Zone

"You seem happier, you were pretty mad earlier."  Mrs F says to Kid.

"For a second I went past my 'Lock Up My Anger' zone."  Kid says.

"Oh, you have a 'Lock Up Your Anger' zone?"  Mrs F asks.

"Yes, I actually have another zone that includes hitting and kicking." Kid replies.

"But don't worry it's guarded with twenty thousand walls."  She adds.

"Twenty thousand walls?! That's good."  Mrs F says gratefully.

"And twenty thousand wolves."  Kid adds.

Even better.


This led to an absolutely hilarious discussion on anger management.  I told Kid that when I'm really angry walking on the treadmill helps me to feel better.  She said "So is that what you are doing when you are yelling at Dad in the basement?  Walking on the treadmill?"  Oh I had a good laugh about that.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

She said "So is that what you are doing when you are yelling at Dad in the basement? Walking on the treadmill?"
Ha ha ha!!!!

Hmmm...I guess Murphy's Anger Zone wasn't being guarded last night when he gracefully pushed the Christmas tree over. Maybe I can get some of those wolves from Kid.

Brenda said...

I actually think it's amazing that she's so self aware as to have anger zones and mental blocks against them. She's a pretty sharp little lady. Maybe I should try that myself!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin