Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This Week The Plan

So I'm a little late... sue me.


I'm just trying to stay afloat. We've got a ton of stuff going on with the end of Kid's school year and appointments up the wazoo even without the move looming over my head. I'm going to do my best at keeping up with a menu but I foresee plenty o' take out in our near future. I am not going to put one ounce of energy into cleaning right now (waste of time)... I can clean when the house is ready to show. As for packing... that is a hard one... it is IMPOSSIBLE to do with the kids underfoot. I'm going to have to give up exercise and just try and focus on clearing out the basement in the evenings. Mr F really can't help at all during the week... and the kids are still too little to leave unattended for more than one minute (trust me). I'm hoping to get the basement cleared out by the time we take our vacation (mid-June).


Menu:

Monday - Pasta Salad

Tuesday - Chicken & Broccoli w/ Peanut Sauce over Rice

Wednesday - Kid & Mr F date night

Thursday - Tomato & Meatball Soup

Friday - Pizza

Saturday - Chicken with Pasta Primavera

Sunday - Salmon Caesar Salad


Chores & Errands:

Monday - who knows?

Tuesday - groceries, packed up sewing boxes

Wednesday - groceries, laundry

Thursday - haircut!!, move out holiday bins and hand-me-down bins

Friday - get dumpster

Sat & Sunday - slave away


Diet & Exercise:
I'd like to say I can keep this up... but let's face it... I can't.
I'm hoping for 1 - 60 min pilates session and 1 - 60 minute cardio sessions this week. I just want to keep up my strength and endurance. As for food... I guarantee I will not gain so it kind of doesn't matter (the low level nausea helps in this department... as does the IBS) I'm going to keep food journaling just so I can stay accountable and so I have an easier time transitioning back once the stress is alleviated.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I think trying not to kill yourself is an admirable goal, and I know what you mean when you say they're still too young to leave alone so you can pack. Unless you have trustworthy family nearby, packing is a night job with little kids.

P.O.M. said...

Oh my god. All the moving and physical labor counts as a workout, right?

Heather said...

Egads. Be easy on yourself this week; you're doing the very best you can, and perfection isn't an option.

Hang in there. Can't wait to see the hair.

Dinahsoar said...

When we relocated with a job our house sale was contingent upon the closing being in 2 weeks from the offer and the buyers taking possession at the closing! That meant we had two weeks to pack up a whole house, including basement, garage, and yard decor all with the possibility that the deal may not even close (they had the right of final walk through inspection 2 hours prior to closing and backing out for any reason at that time.)

Because we didn't know where we'd be living---most likely an apartment until we could find a house---we put everything in storage in the town where our house was and only moved the bare minimum it would take to set up housekeeping in our new location. That saved us...otherwise we could not have met the demand and would have had to shoulder the cost of two residences.

Our storage unit cost was $55 a month and we were able to rent a small apartment which gave us the time to do a thorough search of our new area to find out where the best schools, desirable areas etc. are.

You might consider doing the same...you could store most of your stuff for a year for a whole lot less money than you could move it..and when you do buy a house in Asheville you can take the time to whittle down the stuff in storage and move only what you want/need.

It would necessitate you packing your stuff up. We managed by going to the stores and getting free boxes...then we rented a local U-Haul truck to move the boxes to the storage unit.

It was fun living in a smaller place with just the minimum...it was like being newlyweds just starting out...and an adventure to boot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin