Here's where it's at:
Yesterday the movers came and packed up everything we hadn't been able to/weren't intending to do ourselves. It was a father and son team (both named Dave)and they were incredibly efficient. So much so that they packed some stuff that shouldn't have been packed (check back soon for a "moving lessons" post sometime soon).
This weekend (after not receiving the informative final move call from "Heather" at Atlas... so therefore assuming everything was still on target) I decided against my crazy "I'm going to drive with the kids from Asheville to Traverse City (15 hours) by myself so we can relax while Mr F unpacks" trip. Having had some reasonable success Pricelining a ticket for Mr F's return I tried for Traverse City and BINGO I scored two tickets for less than $400/each (down from $1200 mind you).
So the plan was to load up today, clean (grrr), go to the closing, drive to Asheville. Then on Thursday we close on our new house and the stuff arrives Friday. Unpack the beds and stuff and enjoy it a little and then fly Up North on Sunday. Unfortunately we found out yesterday(not Friday when they should have called) that our stuff isn't coming until MONDAY. Great. I could have just as easily flown up on Friday after the closing... but NO... now I've got to mill around an EMPTY house with NOTHING in it for an extra couple of days. Did I mention that they have already packed ALL our linens, pots & pans, PILLOWS, toys (and yes these will feature prominently on the "moving lessons" post don't you worry).