Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ode To Kiki


Well the day finally came.... I finally got to meet Kiki in person! You know Kiki... the sweetest person in the blogosphere! And let me tell you Kiki did not disappoint. If you can believe it she might have been even better live... you kind of forget how important gesturing and facial expression can be when you're in bloggerland.

#1 Kiki was kind enough (and generous enough considering the price of gas) to drive 2 hours each way to meet up.

#2 Kiki didn't mind having to talk over the sound of Baby crying into my shoulder while she pushed the much-too-big-for-a-stroller Kid... this can be a stumbling block even amongst people you know very well (ahem... Mr F).

#3 She stepped right in and won Kid's little heart right over... which is saying something as my mother can attest as she is not always so smitten with new adults. She was willing (and seemingly happy) to play with Kid for hours in a much-too-short-for-Kiki faux castle (which was worth the trip alone, people... the castle... not Kiki having to stoop over for hours that is)

#4 Kiki is surely the greatest aunt on planet Earth. Kid even told me that she "loves her".

#5 Getting the opportunity to have some adult companionship on a day that could have involved me both carrying a sobbing toddler and pushing a giant 5 year old in a stroller on cobblestone roads was the greatest gift of all!

13 comments:

katieo said...

How fun for all of you!! That's so great you got to meet each other in person.
(p.s. Kiki - you looked totally different than I thought you'd look from your profile pic!)

kenady said...

Glad y'all had fun:) Again, so jealous I could not hang with you four:) Maybe I can catch y'all on the next trip down.

Mary Poppins said...

kKiki--I'm so jealous that you got a day with Mrs. F. I miss those times.
Honestly, Mrs. F. she sounds like a saint. If only I had a Kiki near me.... Any takers????

Anonymous said...

I can attest that she is a super fun auntie that just doesn't quit. And I am grateful I have such a good built in friend!

angie said...

Glad you had such a great day with such an amazing woman. You deserve it.

Missives From Suburbia said...

I'm so jealous!! I want Kiki to come play with me!!!

Kiki said...

Here's the deal...
1.The price of gas is nothing compared to meeting someone who you know you would want to stay in touch with...always. I thought, and still think Mrs.F is one of those people you meet and you just want to be around...
2.I was happy to push the extremely light weight stroller while Mrs.F carried a struggling, weepy, sleepy Baby on her shoulder as we walked, the wrong way (my fault) through Charleston, only to have to walk the other way as the heat index rose!!! She was a great sport about pushing onward and I might have mentioned something about this counting as cardio...
3.Kid is absolutely beautiful, (Baby is also stunning!!!) she has a wonderful spirit and is smart...absorbing everything that is happening around her, she doesn't miss a beat...I was honored that she wanted me to play and I was happy to participate in any kind of activity Kid recommended!!! She was a joy!
4.I am honored to be loved...that made me tear up...Kid, I love you too!!!
5.I thought we'd be friends in "real life"....I'm happy to say after meeting that the feeling still remains!

Longest comment in history...but people...it was such fun, since my sisters and Kenady don't live close to me I don't get many opportunities to hang out with women I would consider a friend, but Mrs. Furious made me wish for days like Friday. All.The.Time. Thanks again Mrs.Furious, it was awesome!!

Jennifer said...

That is so way cool that you guys got to meet! How fun.

And Mrs F ... I am diggin on those shoes! I love them!

Julie said...

Kiki and Mrs F, that is so fantastic you got to hang out together. I knew Kiki would be just as fabulous in person as she is in the blog world.

Ok, on another note, I don't know why it is, but I am way busier these days with BOTH of my boys in school all day. Why the hell is that?! I know you all are missing my incredibly long comments and constant posts to the comments.;)

Mrs Furious said...

We had a great time and I'm not just saying that! Not one moment was strange or awkward.

Out of Hand,
I've got 4 sibs but sadly missed out on the close in age sister :(

Kiki,
I, too, was happy to spend time with a friend... it has been a long time.


Julie,
I'm dying to know what you're up to... maybe you'll need to start a blog about it ;)

Claire said...

I was so happy for you all when Kiki told me what she was doing - and loved the Trader Joe mix up!!! If only we could have an Ikea and a Trader Joe's here!!!!

Mrs Furious said...

Claire,
I was very happy to have the opportunity to meet up with Kiki. If you all had an Ikea & a Trader Joe's down there I'd up and move down there myself!

Julie said...

I'm dying to know what you're up to... maybe you'll need to start a blog about it ;) If only it was anything worth posting. Really. Like volunteering at the kids' school pretty much all day Tuesdays. Food shopping. Cleaning out crap. That actually has been awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin