Thursday, March 5, 2009

Exhausted

Thanks for everyone's comments and emails.

I'm spent.

I've been on the phone and computer all day trying to get insurance quotes. This stuff is unnecessarily complicated... there are no directly comparable plans. And I have no time to spare since I need to get us insured by April 1st and because of Kid's health history that isn't as easy as it could be. On the upside one of insurance agents said I was the most informed person they had ever talked with... I laughed and said that I'd had a fair amount of experience dealing with medical stuff (unfortunately). I've also got Baby whining and clinging and crying all day because she is both sick and being ignored.

So my goals are to get everyone into the dentist before the end of the month. We will not be continuing any dental coverage so I want to take advantage of this while we can.

Oh and Baby goes for her 2 year check up tomorrow.

Kid told her "I'm going to play but you're going to the doctor to get SHOTS which are sharp things they poke into your arms or legs and they go through you to the other side."

Awesome. Thanks for that.


Oh and I'll just 'fess up now that I haven't worked out the last two nights or calorie counted.

9 comments:

Torey said...

Yikes. I just got caught up on the last couple of days worth of posts.

I am soo soo sorry. I wish there was something we could do to help. That seems completely unreasonable of Mr. F's job.

I don't even know what to say. We're thinking of you and hoping for the best.

carrie said...

Not that it gives any immediate feel better-ness, but I'm sending positive and peaceful thoughts your way....

wootini said...

Mrs. F, I"m so, so sorry - thinking of you all and wishing there was something I could do. I know it's not really on your list of places, but if Mr. F is ever interested in a job in the DC area, let me know. I have a variety of contacts in Marketing/PR and would be delighted to employ them on your behalf.

Jane said...

FINALLY! I have been trying to comment all day and something about the comments section disagreed with my computer. Kept freezing it up.


ANYHOW. I am so so so so so so so sorry for everything you are going through. This is just insane.

Just know you and your family are definately in my thoughts and i am sending all my good times vibes your way.

Julie said...

I am thinking of you...

Good luck with Baby's appointment. Shots are never fun.

Kristen 7182 said...

I sent an e mail, I am so thinking of you guys right now. Lots of love to you all!!!

lindalou said...

i was thinking you should be able to purchase your husband's plan for 18 months under COBRA...you would have to pay the entire premium but then you would definitely not go uninsured, cause any lapse of insurance coverage will then allow the "preexisting condition clause" to be put in effect. if you do not have any lapse in coverage from one insurance to another...that preexisting clause does not enter the picture. that's how it is in Pennsylvania . i have a child with a disability and as long as we do not have a lapse in insurance, there is not allowed to be a preexisting condition clause.

maybe this helps...

Mrs Furious said...

Lindalou,
Thank you that is good to know. I wasn't sure if they could hold the preexisting against us no matter what when applying for individual.

Deb said...

Crap. I just got caught up. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of both of you, and if I catch wind of anything for Mr. F, I'll let you know.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin