Monday, May 11, 2009

This Week The Plan

Well this is about the third week in a row that I have been diligent with my exercise and food journaling ALL week... only to totally sabotage myself EVERY FREAKING weekend. I'm actually quite pissed with myself since at this point I could have gotten where I want to be already if I had been able to allow myself to stay on course.
As I said in my food journal today... I will not disappoint myself this week. Seriously. I really don't want to sit here and do this halfway so that in another 3 weeks I can be exactly where I am right now. I'm done acting out. I want to be successful. I know what I need to do... I just need to do it all 7 days instead of only 4.

Menu:

Monday - pasta w/ meat sauce, peas

Tuesday - Salmon Noodle Casserole, steamed veggies

Wednesday - Shrimp Scampi w/ Linguine & broccoli

Thursday - Tomato & Meatball Soup

Friday - b'day party

Saturday - Fish Tacos w/ Guacamole (I'm using my cornflake crusted tilapia in the tacos... so freaking good)

Sunday - Quesadillas


Errands & Chores:

Monday - grocery shopping, cookie dough

Tuesday - bake & decorate cookies, laundry

Wednesday - get boxes ready for shipping, put away clothes

Thursday - clean kitchen

Friday - no school... clean bathroom


Diet & Exercise:

I'm going to stick to my calorie limit every fucking day. And exercise.


P.S. For those of you who are wondering... I have started having a snack ready for Kid when she comes home (typically a small portion of whatever Baby & I had for lunch) and it has helped immensely in regards to her constant asking for food. It seems if I preempt her she eats and then moves on. Regarding exercise we have walked home as many days a week as we can... also seems to change her entire perspective. If we walk she comes home and just continues being active... when we drive she comes home and continues being passive. Unfortunately we are having quite a rainy season so we haven't been able to walk EVERY day (although we do walk in the rain as long as it isn't pouring).

13 comments:

inkelywinkely said...

Is your food journal public?

Mrs Furious said...

Inkelywinkely,
No, only the people who join can read it.

P.O.M. said...

I'm the opposite. It's my week day eating that sometimes gets wonky. I'm pretty good on the weekends.

On another note, I know Ashville isn't THAT close to Durham, but this is one of the blogs I've been obsessed with lately and they had a thing about N.C. and I thought of you:
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/05/durham-north-carolina-guide.html

inkelywinkely said...

Oh..it's on some different site?

I am having issues with REALLY wanting to eat just crap food lately. I will do SO good, then I want nachos and pizza and candy bars, and ice cream. LOL.

Luckily I didn't buy anything to snack on except water and grapes for me.

Of course, the Mister got three (!!) cheesecakes. ::shakes head::

HC said...

Dude, I feel ya. I've been doing really well during the week and then reversing all success on the weekends. Traveling has not helped one iota either. I'm pretty sure when I get back from cali I will be about 5 pounds heavier (if not more...oy).

Julie said...

Mrs F, great going with Kid.

wootini said...

Awesome on the walking to and from school!

WHY WHY WHY are weekends so hard?

And why am I convinced that I will never lose weight? Like my body is deficient in some way? Despite having lost 10lbs since March, I am firmly convinced I will never be successful at weight loss. Every time I plateau I think, that's it...

Mrs F, were you ever in this state of mind? Help!

Emily

Mrs Furious said...

Emily,
YES... for most of my adulthood!
I just listened to THIS today. It really made sense and explained how I was finally able to stick to my program. This time (and when I say that I mean 2 years ago) I made steadfast rules and didn't break them. Listen to the show and that will make sense. It's the 11 AM David Kessler interview... listen link to the right.
Now this time around I'm suffering from different problems... just not committing 100%... so listening to that show reminded me that I do much better with set rules like "no soda" "no going over my calories".. because he is right that once you start to leave room for the debate "I want it" "I shouldn't have it" etc then you start to obsess and give in.

Christy said...

I have never had fish tacos - so what all do you garnish with?

Mrs Furious said...

Christy,
I took pictures so hopefully I'll get that up next week.
I serve them in warmed tortillas (small ones) I use the cornflake crusted tilapia recipe and just break it up into chunks and serve them with guacamole, salsa, green onions & diced red pepper.

wootini said...

Oh thank you so much for the link! I love Diane Rehm show and that book sounds really fantastic. I'm going to go listen now.

Here's a business proposition for you: Mrs. Furious Motivates emails! I'd pay to have a small daily motivational reminder from Mrs F.

Mrs Furious said...

Emily,
Ah... but you might be the only one ;)


Off to go watch the Grey's finale!!! I'm bringing all the kleenex we have in the house with me.

wootini said...

THANK YOU so much for the link. I just listened to the show and, wow - amazing insight. I suppose some might say it seems like common sense (it does) but the extent of the manipulation of products by the food industry combined with shifting cultural norms is not something I'd thought about before. A food carnival is an apt description. No wonder it's such a challenge to change.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin