Friday, January 15, 2010

Inspiration: Myself

Me two years ago (exactly):


Me last week:
Hmm... the holidays were not good to me.

Difference? 8 pounds and 8% body fat... a whole lot of baked goods... and a major physical injury.

The good news is obviously I know it is possible.... because, well, that's me. The bad news is I have to actually change my behavior. I still looked like that top picture pretty much right up until I broke myself last year. In fact one reason I was injured so badly was because I had no fat pad on my tailbone. Even after the broken butt I was able to keep my weight in range but then, of course, the slippery slope of recovery took over. I was unable to exercise for nearly 6 months. As my muscle mass decreased my body fat increased and I have just never been motivated to work hard enough to get it back.

I actually blocked out how much I have changed.

Until now.

Now I'm ready and I want it back. It is not as easy this time because I'm not nursing a newborn and skating on postpartum hormones. I don't have the same kind of time to devote to exercise. And, regrettably, my body wants to hold on to this fat something fierce.

But I'm going to do it.

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

I feel it. I've been using my knee surgery as an "excuse" for not getting back to pre-surgery shape (that an my old-ness). No more excuses for us! (I mean, of course, some of the excuses are real, but then you hit the slippery slope...)

Anonymous said...

Well, of course you are going to DO IT! And we'll all be here to cheer you on!
Melissa

Julie said...

You will totally do it. I am rooting for Ms. Bad Ass to make her appearance once again!

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

Go Mrs. F! You can doooo it!

The Other Susan said...

Jeans are only $7 at the Goodwill store in Albany--you can probably find some cheap in NC.

I've lost 12 pounds a year over the last 2 years, only 12 more to go!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin