Monday, May 18, 2009

Behavior Modification

Mr F was working late tonight. For once he actually gave me the heads up that this would happen ahead of time. With a little warning (would be even better with say 24 hours or more of warning... but hey beggars can't be choosers) late nights really don't bother me... I just need to know so I can plan accordingly and not burn out on the homestretch.

He checked in at around 8 to tell me he would in fact not be home at 8:30 as he suspected but more like 9:30. Again KUDDOS to you, Mr F, it seems like 10 years of my yelling at you upon your late return is starting to make a difference.

At 10:30, however, I started to wonder if my dearly beloved (and yes I say that tongue in cheek... we do not talk like that... I usually call him "you MF" and that doesn't stand for Mr F if you know what I mean) had been killed in a car accident. So I called him... and after establishing that he was still alive we had a little conversation..

"I love you." Mr F says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just do." Mr F replies sounding particularly smitten.

"What's motivating you to say that?" Mrs F asks suspiciously.

"It's weird... but I'm just excited to come home." Mr F says somewhat wistfully.

"Yeah that's so weird." I reply sarcastically.

"Well... I hope you are excited to come home to a kitchen full of dishes that you need to get done, in the next 20 minutes, before I go to bed." I add.

"Can't wait." Mr F replies through his laughter.

11 comments:

Julie said...

True love real-style:)

Mr Furious said...

Since we used our Fiestaware as props for the shoot, I had already done a whole load of dishes before I left the shoot...lucky me.

Jane said...

Awww. That was so sweet of you Mr. F!

P/F said...

Mrs. F. that is so much like my husband's job. I don't care if he's late if he just gives me a heads up. What I can't stand is when he calls to tell me he's leaving in 10 minutes, and I'm wondering what happened to him 2 hrs. later.

Jaime said...

Bwahaha. You sound just like me and my FH. If we didn't argue, we'd do nothing at all. True love. :)

Mrs Furious said...

P/F,
Amen to that... which is usually how it goes. If I have a heads up so I can pace myself I really don't mind (too much).


Julie,
Oh you know we are keepin' it real ;)


Me, Myself & I,
When he came home he snuggled up to me on the couch and I said "why are you being so nice?... are you having an affair?"
I guess because he went to a party he was particularly missing having me there so he'd have someone he could gossip with after. We all know that is the best part of a party.

Bi0nicw0man,
hahaha... so true.

The McCurry Project said...

maybe I should share with you the adventures of a single woman...j/k

Cute,single,gardening girl... j/k

The McCurry Project said...

PS...and new to the blogging world

Mom's Fortress of Solitude said...

I adore your sarcasm. You and I would get along great!

I truly believe that it does take 10 years for something to finally sink in with husbands.

For the first 9 years, 364 1/4 days, it's like we're just bobble heads who have nothing to say. They just smile and nod, and then they're back into their one track mind, completely oblivious to what we just told them.

Mrs Furious said...

Monica,
welcome to blogging!

single adventures sounds ... doesn't always when you are not the one who is single?


Mom's Fortress o' Solitude,
"I truly believe that it does take 10 years for something to finally sink in with husbands."
It's true... it's too bad for all those people who gave up and got divorced after 8 or 9 years... 10 is when the magic happens. ;)

wootini said...

Hysterical! I quickly learned to simply add on at least 2 hours to whatever time estimate I hear. As in, "I have to go in this Saturday but it should only take a couple of hours" - I automatically assume 4 hours and am thus never surprised. :) His time estimating skills are somewhat lacking.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin