Kid has made a lot of headway in the reading and writing departments this year. But there are still times when her spelling is so creative that I look at it completely baffled. Usually I can crack the code. She has her letter sounds down pat so it's really just a matter of letting go of your preconceived notions of how things ought to be spelled and sounding out what is on the paper. 85% of the time I can get it. That leaves 15% of the time when I just stare at it and think "WTF?". Even when I have some context clues the intended words just elude me. Like with this drawing from yesterday (sorry it is sideways... added challenge):
Try as I might I just could not figure it out.
And it was killing me!
Then I finally got it.
And I'm telling you that when the puzzle comes together it's akin to solving The New York Times Crossword Puzzle (Sunday). You feel like you should be cracking codes for the CIA. It's a total rush.
And, yes, I'm completely serious.
Have at it, peeps.
Once you get it you'll be like... "d'Oh! It was so obvious!"