Friday, December 19, 2008

Life Coach

So tonight I was pretty tired and just plain old emotionally exhausted. I was lying on the couch refusing to get up and put the kids to bed and letting them watch organizational and cooking shows with me while a lay like a lump.

After a while I said to Kid "Don't you think if you are mad, you should be allowed to be mad, and if you are sad, you should be allowed to be sad?" "YES!" she responded emphatically, which made me smile and give a little silent cheer... at least I'm raising them right.

A little bit later she got off the couch and went to her desk and came back with a sheet of paper and a crazy princess pen.

"What are your problems?" She asked.
Where to begin?!! I tried to think of things that wouldn't be too traumatizing...
"I don't exercise enough, I've been eating too much unhealthy food..." I started.
"What else?" She said sagely
"I'm worried about whether I'll get everything done before Christmas."
"What else?"
"I don't read enough books" I replied trying to fish for more neutral issues.
"How is that a problem?" Kid responded some what baffled.
"Well... I spend too much time online and then I don't have time to read." I explained.
"Anything else?" She asked.
"Nope that's it."

She was quiet for awhile and then stopped writing stood up and said (verbatim):
"Workout more, eat more healthy foods such as: broccoli, green beans, and salmon. At dessert eat only a little unless you are particularly starving." She stated. Then she paused and said "I have one more recommendation: go online less, which means, stay away from your desk... unless... you need a stamp for a letter."

God, she's good. I should know, too, I've had a lot of therapists in my time.
If you need a session let me know... she'll probably be booking up pretty fast.

18 comments:

Julie said...

I'll take the Thursday afternoon slot with Kid. Thanks.

God, I love Kid:)

Julie said...

I'll take the Thursday afternoon slot with Kid. Thanks.

God, I love Kid:)

justme said...

can i make an appt ??

Robin said...

That is too hysterical!

Does she have any openings Monday morning? I am flexible on the time. Oh, and will she do a phone session?

HC said...

Does she work with felines?

Danielle said...

Can you pencil me in? I've got MAJOR issues!?!
Oh, and I'm just catching up, so I read your in-law drama and thought of this. When my ex and I were in family mediation, the mediator ripped him a new ass about his family's involvement in our lives and then looked at me and said, "I want to tell YOU something...You have NEVER been able to please these people and you never will, so you might as well go on with your life". It was a powerful moment for me. Do things for the sake of your girls, but don't ever do anything because you expect them to accept you, because they never will.
And I give Mr F some mad props too because they have forced him to choose sides and he has YOUR back. If my ex had had my back, we probably wouldn't be divorced.
Happy Holidays!! :)
~Danielle

Preppy Mama said...

Precious! If that isn't validation that you are a good mommy I don't know what is!

Elizabeth said...

that's fantastic!

Mad props for raising emotionally honest children.

And possible future therapists. That's not a bad gig!

Mrs Furious said...

I love that crazy Kid too... she is so not *normal*... in the best possible way of course ;)

Danielle,
Are you going to MI for the holidays?
Good advice... and it's true.

I hope you and your kids have a Merry Christmas!


Preppy Mama,
Thanks :)


Elizabeth,
Now to only find them partners whose families won't hate their honesty ;) At least I've got a few years on that front...

Andrea said...

googlr reader I have all the blogs I read thrown into reader and I only have to open up reader and see whos has new posts as opposed to going to every blog and checking upI feel less stalkerish it works well for me. I was wondering does kid give a cash discount mental health is not coverd on my insurance!

Andrea said...

thats Google Reader :)

STACI said...

LOL!

I just love Kid and her personality!

Hey...I have a 9 year old who is also not *normal*, in a good way.

I can GUARANTEE Kid a KICK ASS MIL! :)

A few things you should know about your future SIL...

Nick is into bling...yes, he will want his own diamond ring when the big day comes.
He loves to read...ANY THING!
He's an A student...loves school.
He's VERY creative. It's *scary* sometimes what his little brain comes up with, in a good way of course. :)
He wants to be a video game designer, a vet, a WILDLIFE vet AND a writer.
Oh...and he's really cute with brown hair & brown eyes. :)

So, if you want to start arranging a marriage in 20+ years let me know. :)


Merry Christmas Furious Family!

carrie said...

"And with that, the list of problems seemed to evaporate."
The End.

She's awesome.

Mrs Furious said...

Staci,
Hilarious! I tell Kid to start saving up her allowance so she can get him a good sized rock!

For some reason the vet & the wildlife vet made me laugh out loud.


Carrie,
You know what... it really made me focus. I was like "damn it... she's right!" I should use her to my advantage like that more often! ;)

STACI said...

You know I HAD to let you know there are good boys out there that would LOVE to have a little lady like KID. I totally think she's his type. He's into creative brainy girls. :) LOL!

Oh yeah, you KNOW there had to be a difference between the vets. I thought he was talking like wild African animals or something exotic like that. Ah NO...he's into squirrels. :P

Hopefully that will change with some time.

The ring thing scares hubby a bit. LOL. Nick is forever wanting to try on my wedding rings. :P


Sometimes kids put it all in SIMPLE perspective don't they? :)

Missives From Suburbia said...

I feel like I've already consulted with her. That's the very same advice I needed!

P.O.M. said...

I could use some of Kid's advice too :) Book me in.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that girl is magic. I love the things she says. She's wise for her age.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin