Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh. My. God.

At Mary Poppin's suggestion I made these little babies for my Compacting Christmas boxes...

They're Candy Cane Joe Joe's (available at Trader Joe's... and yes I bought a box and packed them in my suitcase to bring home... kind of wish I'd bought two right about now) dipped in white chocolate and embellished with a little extra holiday spirit.

It's a good thing I already started packing them up before I tried one..

or they might not have made the boxes at all!




What you need:
One box cookies (I'm sure mint oreos or the like would work)
One 12 oz bag of white chocolate morsels
sprinkles

Melt white chocolate in microwave in 15 second intervals. Stop heating when chips are mostly melted and stir until smooth.
Using a knife dollop a generous amount on each cookie (holding over the bowl) and spread over edges. Place on parchement or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with decorations. Repeat. Let rest until chocolate cools. Then shovel in your mouth...er... I mean package up to give away!

This project should only set you back about $5!

If I could send every single one of you some of these... believe me... I would!

21 comments:

wootini said...

YUM. They sound fabulous... thank goodness I have no cookies or white chocolate in the house! : )

Mrs Furious said...

This is one of those things I could gorge myself on until I was sick. So only make them when you can immediately get them out of your house! ;)

Michelle said...

Make out with these babies!!

Must have cookies!

Mrs Furious said...

Supermom,
I had a feeling you'd be into these ;)

You just might get some.

Michelle said...

Sometimes I do something like this but use pretzels. They are tasty too.
I am being a total bum this year. I didn't send out cards and I am not making christmas candy.
I promise I am not being a scrooge.

Mrs Furious said...

I'm not sure if we're doing cards this year either... it's kind of how I got into trouble last year ;)

Andrea said...

Do I have to share these babies when we get them I might hide them from my family!

Mrs Furious said...

Andrea,
I wouldn't share them if I were you!

Elizabeth said...

oooh, things dipped in chocolate!

must have! Must make! WAAAANT.

Sorry, sanity returning...

nope nevermind, must have cookies.

Julie said...

omg, lie down and make out with these babies...that is really funny!

So are you going to make any white trash this holiday season? I remember last Christmas you were totally addicted!

Mrs Furious said...

Julie,
Oh I'm making it!


Elizabeth,
hang tight! You'll be getting some this week!

Elizabeth said...

OMG cookies! I love packages, and cookies, and christmas!!

ooh, and if you go here, you can see the craziness I've been up to lately.
(especially today... today was tree day, you'll see it'll be up in a few minutes)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elzmoss/

Mrs Furious said...

LOL! When you said "tree day" I was just assuming you meant a xmas tree!

Is that a huge vinyl cut out?! Damn! I had a heard enough time getting Kid's little dragon flies positioned correctly.

Elizabeth said...

I made it out of four rolls of contact paper. It took me All. Day. That's why I'm showing it off! I cant really paint, and this should be removable.

X-mas tree madness scheduled for tomorrow. It's a tree themed weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Also, I do plan to 'decroate' the tree mural a little somehow. Perhaps brightly colored 'ornaments' out of paper. Nothing permanent.

Anonymous said...

MMMM...gotta try these... I am a HUGE fan of the white chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, and these sound just as good, especially with mint/candy cane flavored filling!!

Elizabeth--that tree looks great! I could NEVER do that, or even think of it!!! I love that its removable too!

Robin said...

Are those going to be in my box? :) All of the sudden my idea of videoing the kids opening the box and posting it on my blog is going out the window. I'm gonna open that baby up after the kids go to bed. Hopefully Fred will be out of town, and I can have all the chocolatey goodness to myself. What? Is that selfish?

Mrs Furious said...

Robin I'll wrap them up in tissue and hide them at the bottom ;)

Mrs Furious said...

Although when I asked Baby if she wanted something for breakfast she came running into the office where I'm storing them and pointed wildly at them. So.... there is no telling what might happen to them...

Mary Poppins said...

i'm so glad those worked out for you. love the sprinkled embellishments. i'll be adding those to my chocolate-dipped candy cane joe joe's this year.

eurydice said...

Yummy... and so easy too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin