Monday, May 5, 2008

This Week The Plan

Okay I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed. I'd like to know "for sure" about the job so I can just move forward with it. The next month or two are bound to be incredibly stressful (and exciting... but mostly stressful) and it is taking a lot of mental energy to not let my mind just become completely engulfed in move related to-dos. I think it is my natural instinct when confronted with something so time consuming to want to just give up completely on my menus and weekly plans. It would be so much easier to just get take-out every night for the next two months. We've done that before... and it isn't that it is detrimental to our diets... it just is a slippery slope. Once you let go of one part of your life the whole thing can just come crashing down and pretty soon you feel overwhelmed by every thing and not just the move. So with that in mind I am going to endeavor to keep my plans coming... although I'm going to focus on very, very simple dinners. There are only so many hours in the day and I'm going to forgo cleaning for the time being and replace it with packing/purging. I'm also going to schedule 4 workouts a week. I do find I am actually more energetic and more likely to get stuff done after my evening workout then when I skip it... so here's to hoping that holds true. And if nothing else it will hopefully help take the edge off my anxiety.


Oh I forgot to mention my in-laws are coming on Friday. And no that probably won't be helpful.


Onto this week:

Menu:

Monday - Tomato & Meatball Soup w/crescent rolls

Tuesday - Chicken Caesar Salad

Wednesday - Kid & Mr F date night

Thursday - Salmon, stirfry veggies, spring rolls

Friday - Sunday - Mr F's parents are in town... I'll be winging it...



Diet & Exercise:
Okay last week sucked. Not entirely my fault with Mr F's absence and all but this week I really need to get back on track.
I have been working on giving up my hardcore dessert addiction and have been doing a lot better. I did fall of the wagon while Mr F was gone... but I did learn that I eat about 300 calories less a day if I go to bed by 11 versus 1. Something to keep in mind. This week I'm shooting for M & T long cardio workouts, Th a long pilates workout, and F a short running workout. We'll see what I can fit in on the weekend... probably not much.



Errands & Chores:

Monday - grocery shopping (I'm really going to work on only hitting 1 store a week), laundry

Tuesday - Target returns, clear out Kid's bedroom

Wednesday - clear out Upstairs bathroom, vacuum

Thursday - clean Kitchen, wipe down floors (hey I forgot about the in-laws... I do need to clean this week)

Friday - clean bathrooms, change linens

28 comments:

P.O.M. said...

Wow, lots of changes and excitement going on.
Breath
Breath
Breath

Have a great week.

Mrs Furious said...

Mark McGrath incident by the way... hilarious.

Also give me the shorthand Secret... is it just positive projections? This might be very important for me to know...

Deb said...

OMG... what... if... you find... your DREAM DECREPIT MANSION?!

I'm so giddy for you. I love moving. My moving. Anyone's moving. It definitely appeals to my mildly OCD side.

Shirls said...

as per usual I'm deeply fascinated by your life and the amazing things you do but today, can you go check out my blog, I'm stunned and I'd liket to share with you :0)

Heather said...

When is the big announcement? How is Mr. F doing about the whole thing -- giddy? Is he going to be freelancing or on-staff? How will you cope with no Trader Joe's?

emmyjw said...

WOW, we are getting ready to list our house to try to move in to a bigger one and I am freaking out, can't imagine the cross country move...scary but so exciting!

Mrs Furious said...

Deb,
don't you worry I've already found several ;)
7 bedrooms sounds pretty good to me!

HC said...

You no doubt have your own super system, but I stumbled on this link today and thought of you...and if you're going to seek guidance in moving, how could it not be from Martha???

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/how-to/how-to-prepare-for-a-movemartha-stewart-living-0408-048389

Mrs Furious said...

Shirls,
congrats! You look amazing on the cover. :)

Mrs Furious said...

Heather,
He'd be the AD for two titles.
I'm not sure who he's feeling. I think he's more scared to jinx it.
We'll know for sure this week.



Haley,
thanks for the link. No I do not have a badass system yet. Although I did get a Moving.kit from the Life.doc people which I was going to send back to them... and now I'm glad I kept it.


Emmy,
If we have to sell I'll be in full on panic mode. So much to do... so little time... Mr F at work, his parents coming, a pre-scheduled vacation (already paid for), and Kid getting out of school all in the next 5 weeks. Nightmare... oh and we'll have to fly down there and find a house during that time too. I have a feeling I'll either gain 15 pounds or lose 15 pounds... depending on how I "treat" the stress ;)

Noah said...

I seem to remember Asheville as a huge Democratic and quite liberal institution in NC...more "liberal" than Democratic. I kinda pictured it as the Berkely of the South. I also seem to remember lots of greenspace and parks, which is good for kids.

So maybe look at it as Asheville is what Ann Arbor wishes she was...

Margo said...

At least it sounds like you have a good plan! Whenever I think that I'll just pick up take-up instead of making something, I remember that I don't like parting with my money (especially when I have groceries ready to use at home) and that restaurants put too many calories in everything.

I wish I could be satisified having soup for supper, but often times, I'm not.

Mrs Furious said...

Smitty,
"So maybe look at it as Asheville is what Ann Arbor wishes she was"
So true.


Margo,
I'm working on getting a rotation of 5 - 15 minute or less meals that will get us through the next 2 months. We'll probably never want to eat them again after that... but if I can stick to it I can probably keep some semblance of a system in place around here. We'll see....

Unknown said...

i am in the midst of moving halfway across the country, or at least planning for it, so I know what you are going through. I think I am more overwhelmed than I have ever been. I am trying to make running my stress reducer instead of another chore to go along with the moving stuff. heh. On top of it I have to find a job where I am moving before I move.

I am trying to take the advice of all your readers. haha :-)

Good luck with it all, and know that I know what you mean when you say overwhelmed. heh

Mrs Furious said...

Cara,
where are you moving to?

I'm going to go check your blog...

P.O.M. said...

Oh my gosh, I just read about the in-laws. Really? In addition to the move? Woman... good luck.

Yes, the secret is the "law of attraction." Basically - what you think about is what you create in your life. If you think negative, bad things, that is what you will project and therefore make happen. But if you think happy, organized, good, etc, then that is what you will create for your life.

Yeah, when Mark dissed me, I totally wanted to yell "Well you're short buddy and I would NEVER make out with you!" But I refrained.

Mrs Furious said...

P.O.M,
he's dead to me too now ;)

I thought that was the Secret... I have been using that with this job... and so far so good.

Deb said...

I think your overall plan is smart. I freeze up in the face of huge change, so focusing on the core really helps me. I think you sound perfectly organized and your priorities are rock solid. Plus, you've got us here to back you up when things get rough!!

Manager Mom said...

See.. this is where i am a total failure as a wife and mother (at least as it relates to home cooking).

When life gets too busy to cook, keep up with work & blogging, AND exercise, and something has to go, for me, it's the cooking.

I then call upon the holy trinity of Boston Market, Main Wah Chinese, and Dominos Pizza to get us through those weeks...

Mrs Furious said...

Manager Mom,
LOL... Oh it has been known to happen around here too!
I think we ate take out nearly everyday of my pregnancy. Hmmm... maybe that's why I gained 52 lbs?
I'm going to try to stay on top of things... but when push comes to shove dinner is the first thing I'll chuck.

Kiki said...

Okay, Just thinking of you and I shot you an email....thinking good thoughts for you, strength for the upcoming days and patience for it all!!! Whatever I can do....I'd like to help!!!

Heather said...

Just tried to email you and it bounced... fwiw.

Kiki said...

I'm with Heather...my email to you just bounced back to me...

Robin said...

Sorry I am so late to the party. I have been reading, but didn't have time to comment. Just trust me, I had some very thoughtful and poignant comments for each of your posts. :)

I am so excited for y'all. I hope this means that you won't have to count on freelance work as much. All the great comments about Ashville kind of make me want to move there, too!

I know it is super stressful, but look at it this way. You'll have so many things to blog about. (Assuming you can find time to do it!)

Unknown said...

Mrs. Furious,

I am moving to Austin from California. I cannot mention it really on the blog since my job doesn't know yet ;-)

Julie said...

Oh God...the in-laws are coming on top of this other relocation stress?! That would be hard even if the visitors were the most amazing people on earth.

Jennifer said...

Wow. Lots going on with you. Moving is a double edged sword. Exciting on one end, totally crappy on the other. LOL. Lots to do, so much of the unknown. The unknown freaks me the fuck out. Yikes.

Then to add the in-laws on top of that?! You are going to NEED that treadmill of yours.

Mrs Furious said...

Yes my email is down. Mr F messed things up.
mrsfurious at hotmail dot com should work.
Kiki I got yours.
Heather try my name dot last name at comcast dot net if that doesn't work.
Oy. Like I need this email issue this week too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin