Thursday, August 27, 2009

10 Years Ago

Mr F and I went on our first date.

He's been obsessed with me ever since.

Kind of.

Deep down.

He just doesn't always show it.

That's what I tell myself.

(No. Seriously he is. He can't even deny it... he just starts laughing nervously.)


If you want to read more about a love so furious it shouldn't be legal you can do so here...
Love Story Part 1
Love Story Part 2
Love Story Part 3

Maybe one day when I have a spare 10,000 hours I'll finish the saga. Part 11 might be titled "When The Shit Hit The Fan".


One day soon I'll write part 4. That is when we finally had our date. That is also when it became obvious that neither one of us would ever confront a stranger unless perhaps our life depended on it. And when asked at restaurants how things are we would both always respond "Great!" even if we'd been waiting over 2 hours for our dinner and then served the wrong dish.

And for the record I did not let him kiss me on our first date.

It was a new tactic I was trying out.

And

Shazam!

It worked.

Keep that in mind ladies.

12 comments:

Alexandra said...

Doesn't time fly??

Miss Theresa said...

Happy 1st date anniversary! I know what you mean about guys not remembering this kind of stuff.

My first date with my DH was on December 7th (which is Pearl Harbor Day)....you'd think he'd remember that...not so much!

P.O.M. said...

I'm dying to hear the first date story. I RARELY let a kiss happen on the first day - and that hasn't gotten me anywhere. Maybe next time.

Also, don't you think Abrams Daughters would make a great Lifetime Saga??? Or would only nerds like me (and my friend Dr. Dev) watch it?

P.O.M. said...

Oops - I meant DATE, not DAY. DUH. Although in some cases it has been the same. tee hee - I never got to tell my Hawaii romance. I think I need to start a new blog where my *real fam & friends read.

Andrea said...

happy date day, I too didnt kiss on the first date like I usually did and just like u said shazam who was hooked its the thrill of the hunt men are so simple yet so complex.

Mrs Furious said...

P.O.M.,
Abrams would rock as a Lifetime movie saga.
They did make a movie out of the Redemption of Sarah Cain by BL it's called "Saving Sarah Cain" and you might be able to watch it online at Lifetime.
And please I'd love to read the torrid details of your love life ;)

Miss Theresa,
The only reason I remember ours is because it's my sister's b'day. Our wedding anniversary is next week. It's the 1st so that's easy to remember.

Andrea,
I like to keep the chase alive by threatening to divorce him periodically ;)

Mrs Furious said...

AT22,
Yes it does.

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

oooo cant wait to read the next chapter!

Happy Date Day!

Julie said...

I like to keep the chase alive by threatening to divorce him periodically ;) LOL! I do that, too;)

HaleyBird said...

Awwww, Happy Date-iversary!

Adam and I had such a torrid and sketchy beginning we didn't exactly ever have a first date... 8 years later and the poot kid hasn't managed to catch me yet...I like my milk for free. :)

Kiki said...

Yay!! Happy First Date Day!!!


I kissed Ken on the first date....we went to the beach and it was windy, I was wrapped up close to him and ....well, I figured I wanted to know right off the bat....because if he sucked, there wasn't going to be a second date....14 years later and I am so glad that was my last first kiss!!!

{{sighs}} I love love.

Michelle said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin